- Renovation of the Brooklyn Museum Libraries and Archives: A Twenty-Year Accomplishment. Lawrence, Deirdre E. // Art Documentation: Bulletin of the Art Libraries Society of Nort;Fall2004, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p40
Reports on the renovation of the Brooklyn Museum Libraries and Archives. Historical background of the library; Information on the library renovation plans; Development of fundraising strategies to support the renovation; Goals of the renovation.
- Dan Hanganu and Provencher Roy show how the new can enrich the old at the CENTRE D'ARCHIVES DE.... Byard, Paul // Architectural Record;Nov2001, Vol. 189 Issue 11, p129
Focuses on the preservation of the Centre d'Archives de Montreal in Montreal, Quebec. Installation of a glass and mesh shaft for the elevator; Organization of the whole space around a straight path from the original monumental floor; Maintenance of central public workplace as a reading room.
- U.S. Library Associations Set Up "Library Disaster Relief Fund". // Library Times International: world news digest of library & info;Apr2005, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p40
The article focuses on the U.S. Library Associations Library Disaster Relief Fund that has been created to accept tax-deductible donations. This is part of the international effort to help rebuild the libraries damaged or destroyed by the earthquake and tsunami in Asia and parts of Africa at the...
- A Classic Fixer Upper. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31857, p31
Reports on the expected renovation of the historic Skirvin Hotel in Oklahoma City with bond money from a downtown tax increment finance district along with federal grants. Buyer of the Dallas developer John Weeman; Worth of the hotel when purchased by the city.
- HAWAII: Superferry Session Under Way. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32742, p9
The article reports on the plan of the Hawaii government to issue bills to support the operations of its Hawaii Superferry. It was built to carry vehicles and passengers but its startup were snagged with lawsuits which are linked to environmental documentation. It was supported by the government...
- Voters OK Over $6B In Texas. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;5/13/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32877, p1
The article reports on the approval by Texas voters of the new debt of school districts across the state. Almost 19,000 voters approved the $1.35 billion of bonds for the Dallas Independent School District (DISD). They also approved the proposition of the Lewisville Independent School District,...
- OKLAHOMA: OKC GOs for Development. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/4/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32828, p9
The article reports that most of the capital projects that were funded from the $83.5 million of general obligation bonds (GOs) will be used for urban development in Oklahoma. The cost of the projects is estimated to reach $211 million which will include $53 million to repave streets, $35.3...
- Saving a youth center. Begin, Sherri // Crain's Detroit Business;8/25/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p3
The article presents information on John Barfield, founder of Bartech Group Inc., who is heading an effort to secure $4 million of funds through bond sales to renovate the Parkridge Community Center in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Under Barfield's plan, about $3.2 million from the bond sale would be...
- Cave House Charity Raises $50K. Madison, Adam // Rock Products;Oct2003, Vol. 106 Issue 10, p21
Reports on the 2003 charity golf outing which raised funds for the restoration of the 19th Century Cave House in Albany, New York. Amount raised by the event; Information on the Cave House building.