A Library First
- Chicago Schools Ask Banks To File Electronically and Pay Fee. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32093, p1
This article reports that the Chicago Public Schools launched a request for information process for underwriters interested in working on the schools' bond sales over the next two years--with a twist added to the process in that documents will be accepted only electronically for a service fee of...
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;6/15/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32154, p38
This article presents information related to supplies across the U.S. Some of the issuers from various states are Chicago GARBS, State Tollway revenue bonds, State RTA GOs, Indianapolis Public Schools, state unemployment revenue bonds, State Highway Commission revenue bonds etc.
- California Religious Schools Turn to Colorado Conduit. // Bond Buyer;12/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32270, p40
The article focuses on the plans by California religious schools to issue bonds through the Colorado Conduit. Colorado law authorizes the CECFA to issue debt for out-of-state entities in conjunction with the state. Concordia, like several other California schools with religious affiliations,...
- New England Universities Turn to Bonding to Face Challenges. O'brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32041, p36
The article focuses on the sale of bonds by the top colleges and universities of New England to meet the challenges. Although New England remains a bastion of top colleges and universities, aging facilities and flat demographics spell particular challenges for the region's schools in the coming...
- Buffalo, N.Y., Schools on Track for $180 Million Deal Through Erie County IDA. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31686, p34
Reports on the deal between public schools of Buffalo, New York and Erie County Industrial Development Agency. Advantages of the deal for public schools; Amount of the deal; Rating of the deal.
- San Antonio School District Preps $106M Issue. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32079, p5
The article reports that about $64.3 million of the refunding will fix out currently outstanding variable-rate demand bonds, with the remainder being sold for present-value savings. Proceeds from the 2004 authorization are scheduled to finance eight elementary schools, two middle schools, and a...
- Wake's Big Win. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/9/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31737, p31
Reports on the approval of a multi-million bonds for schools, parks and libraries in Wake County, North Carolina. Allocation of the approved bonds; Number of estimated students per year; Result for the presentation of request to the voters.
- Strong Libraries, Strong Scores. Gray, Carlyn // Texas Library Journal;Summer2005, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p72
Looks into the library systems of schools in Texas. Importance of flexible scheduling and collaboration between the librarian and the teacher; Development of library support plans to define the role of the campus librarian in improving student performance on the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and...
- N.M. Voters Provide $169M for Projects Across the State. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/12/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34210, p1
New Mexico will use $169 million of bond authority granted by the voters in the Nov. 4 election for senior citizens centers, libraries and schools.