Nevada Agency Plans $57M of Bonds for State's First CCRC
- Preparing for the Seniors. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;09/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31971, p1
The article reports that the Nevada's state Board of Finance has for the first time authorized selling debt to expand a retirement community that will be the first of its kind in the state. Though retirement communities are plentiful throughout Nevada, this is the state's first residential...
- Bexhill: retirement haven. Emmanuel, J.R. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);11/6/1982, Vol. 285 Issue 6351, p1325
Focuses on the Bexhill retirement community in Great Britain. Description of the facility; Provision of anticipatory care; Importance of overall community management.
- Investors Will Decide Fate in April Of Birmingham, Ala., Nursing Home. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p3
Reports on the failure of the owners of a retirement center and a nursing home in Alabama to make payments on outstanding high-risk bonds. Structure of the bonds authorized by the Birmingham Historical Preservation Authority; Guarantee of the bonds.
- Appraising continuing care retirement centers: The income approach. Keating, David Michael; Brace, Gary L. // Appraisal Journal;Oct94, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p546
Focuses on the valuation of continuing care retirement centers (CCRC). Operation of a CCRC; CCRCs and the income approach; Standards and ethics implications.
- IFA Gives Nod to $230M Deal for Upscale CCRC in Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32173, p3
Reports on the Illinois Finance Authority's approval of a plan, sponsored by the Franciscan Communities Inc., to transform a vacant highrise in Chicago's downtown Gold Coast neighborhood into an upscale continuing care retirement community. Worth of the financing reserved for the project; System...
- Long-term care retirement communities follow hospitals in merger trend. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;11/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30517, p3
Focuses on merger-and-acquisition trends within the continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) and the growth in CCRC bond issues in the United States. Life-care bond sales; Consolidation of CCRC borrowings; Upcoming revenue bond issues expected to exceed $200 million.
- Continuing Drought in Supply Helps Massachusetts Retirement Facility. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;01/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p6
Reports on the nonrated high-yield bonds from the Massachusetts Development Finance Authority for a local retirement facility. Attention given to the investment-grade market; Range of fixed-rate bonds; Recipient of the sales proceeds.
- Warm Reception for $92M CCRC Deal in North Carolina. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;02/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31079, p34
Reports the issuance of the 91.8 million-dollar financing to continuing care retirement community in North Carolina. Oversubscription of the bonds structure by investors and buyers; Concerns of the buyers regarding the location of the facilities; Allocations of the proceeds from the bond issue.
- Insurance-Based Yields Don't Wreck Market for a N.J. Deal. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/15/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31203, p36
Reports on the insurance of the bonds issued by the House of Good Shepherd continuing care retirement center in New Jersey. Oversubscription of the bond deal; Marketing of the retirement center as a nonrated credit.