Michigan Senate Weighs Bills to Fight Misuse of School Bonds
- Tribal Exemption Bill. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/15/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32112, p33
Reports on the bill introduced by Senator Dean Florez to make bonds issued by California Indian tribes exempt from state income tax in the U.S. Results of the examination initiated by the Internal Revenue Service on bonds issued by the tribes; Total value of bonds issued by the California...
- Draft Report Urges Changes to Texas School Bond Programs, PSF. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32519, p60
The article reports that the legislature of Texas has been urged by the finance and education committees of the U.S. Senate to increase the rate of the multiplier used in the Permanent School Fund (PSF) bond-backing guarantee program. This guarantee allows districts to avoid the costs of private...
- Trends in the Region: Michigan Legislation May Raise the Price Tag for Issuance. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p41
Reports on the consideration of legislation to broaden voters' rights to seek referendums on limited-tax obligation bonds in the House of Representatives in Michigan. Provisions of the legislation; Impact of the legislation on bond funds; Possible approval of the bill.
- Michigan legislature may leave school bond bills in limbo. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;06/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30655, p3
Focuses on the uncertainty of the progress of legislative bills affecting school bonds in Michigan. Concern among school districts on the impact of proposed legislation on school bond elections; Suggestion from school administrators to leave many options.
- Bill to lower Missouri school bond threshold stuck in Senate. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;05/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30639, p36
Reports on the deliberation in the Senate of a legislative bill to ease policies on passing school bond referendums in Missouri. Amendment lowering the threshold for voter approval of school bonds; Education lobby supporting the amendment.
- Nebraska approves sale of college bonds. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;03/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30359, p30
Announces the Nebraskan unicameral Legislature's passage of a bill authorizing the sale of $79.5 million of revenue bonds by the University of Nebraska Facilities Corp. on March 25, 1998. Governor Ben Nelson's endorsement of the bill; Terms of the bill sponsored by Senator Dan Lynch; Rationale...
- Less paperwork for businesses. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/29/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 48, pP32
The author comments on the decision of the U.S. Congress to include regulations on Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 1099s in the health-insurance reform bill.
- Notice of Public Hearing on Tax Increase. // Munday Courier (TX);8/15/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p5
The article announces that the Knox County Commissioners Court will hold a public hearing on a proposal to increase total tax revenues from properties on the tax roll in the preceding tax year by 4.2%.
- Notice of Tax Revenue Increase. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);8/19/2009, Vol. 137 Issue 33, p10A
The article announces the public hearing to be conducted by the City of Burnet in Texas on August 27 and September 1, 2009 concerning the proposal to increase the city's total tax revenues by 6%.