Dallas, Arizona Arena Debt Service Safe Despite NHL Lockout
- REACTION. Giancarlo, Jack // Athletic Business;Jan2008, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p14
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "No Guarantees," by Andrew Cohen in the November 2007 issue and an article on the twin ice complex being planned in East Aurora, New York.
- Florida Gears Up for $311M of Public Education Capital Outlay Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/7/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32045, p3
The article reports that Florida is preparing to competitively sell $311 million of public education capital outlay refunding bonds for its first deal of the year. The Series 2005A bonds currently are on the day-to-day calendar. The Division of Bond Finance, which acts as its own financial...
- Southwest's Sports Facilities Boom. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;7/3/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32663, p1
The article reports on bonds issued in communities in the Southwest U.S. The bonds were issued to finance major and minor league sport facilities for the promotion of economic development. The citizens of Dallas suburb Allen, Texas, and Allen & Co. Inc. plan to build a hockey arena, for which...
- $450M Detroit Hockey Arena Bonds Clear Final Hurdle. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/18/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34180, p1
The Michigan Strategic Fund approved the issuance of $450 million of 30-year bonds to finance a new hockey stadium near downtown Detroit, a transaction that will feature a mix of tax-exempt and taxable debt, a mandatory tender and interest-rate swaps.
- In Texas, What Goes Upï¿½. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/4/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32766, p1
The article reports that Texas debt issuance has soured 72% in fiscal 2007 to $5.87 billion, but the rate is likely to slow amid growing economic headwinds. The Texas Bond Review Board noted that the state's economy began slowing in the second half of fiscal 2007, which ended August 31. The...
- Louisiana Eyes Debt Service Aid. deSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p1
The article reports on the status of Louisiana's move to issue bonds in assisting local governments with their debt service payments. There are some concerns that the amount from issued bonds may not be enough. The state is in the process of taking applications for bond proceeds. Once those are...
- MISSISSIPPI: Refundings Net Savings. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/9/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33095, p9
The article reports on the closure of the Series 2009A, B and C refunding bonds in Mississippi in 2009. The state Treasurer Tate Reeves has disclosed that the state had concluded its Series refunding bonds, saving $4.6 million in debt service payments over its existing debt maturities....
- Oklahoma Transportation Department Warns of Looming Debt Service Burden. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/6/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32044, p28
The article reports that the director of the Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) said Tuesday that his agency is spending millions of dollars that should go to road maintenance to pay the debt service on $450 million in highway revenue bonds that the state Legislature promised to...
- Massachusetts Readies $400 Million Competitive GO Sale. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32192, p3
Reports on the development of bonds with short-term maturities in Massachusetts. Changes in the level debt service; Inclusion of refunding opportunities; Estimation of the competitive general obligation.