TITLE

August CPI +0.1%; Core Rate +0.1%

AUTHOR(S)
Newman, Emily
PUB. DATE
September 2004
SOURCE
Bond Buyer;09/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31971, p2
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article reports the increase of seasonally adjusted index of consumer prices by 0.1% in August, while the core rate also climbed 0.1 % last month. The increase in the August consumer price index follows an unrevised decrease of 0.1 % in July. Meanwhile, the 0.1 % rise in the August core rate, which excludes food and energy prices, follows July's unrevised 0.1% gain. The overall 0.1% gain was driven in part by a 0.2% gain in medical care prices, which came after a 0.3% rise in July. Other goods and services prices also rose 0.2% after a 0.3% climb the previous month.
ACCESSION #
14438474

 

Related Articles

  • Fed chooses to fight inflation. Beckner, Steven K. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jun2005, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p51 

    The article presents information on the Federal Reserve's policy against inflation. In March, the Fed's most closely watched measure of inflation, the core personal consumption expenditures price index, picked up from 0.2% to 0.3%, while the core consumer price index rose 0.4% The Fed's "beige...

  • THURSDAY'S YIELDS.  // Bond Buyer;11/16/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32756, p1 

    The article reports that the municipal market was slightly firmer after the October 2007 consumer price index (CPI) and CPI core matched expectations, but weekly jobless claims came in higher than expected in New York City. According to the economic data, the CPI grew 0.3% in October 2007 after...

  • Munis Firmer, Reflecting Treasury Gains. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;11/16/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32756, p2 

    The article reports that the municipal market was slightly firmer after the October 2007 consumer price index (CPI) and CPI core matched expectations, but weekly jobless claims came in higher than expected in New York City. According to the economic data, the CPI grew 0.3% in October 2007 after...

  • Inflation and Prices.  // Economic Trends (07482922);Aug2004, p2 

    The article presents information on the changes in inflation rates and consumer price index over the years. The Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose sharply in June 2004, moving up at a 3.9% annualized rate following an 8% annualized jump in May 2004. Compared to the CPI, the Personal Consumption...

  • Consumers might be seeing higher prices. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;4/1/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p10 

    Reports on the increase in the consumer price index. Efforts in preserving solid earnings growth; Rise of the consumer prices; Factors contributing to the increase in consumer prices.

  • the Economy.  // Labor Law Journal;Jun61, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p474 

    The article focuses on the status of the United States economy in June 1961. The consumer price index has remained steady at 127.5 for the third consecutive month. Metropolitan areas continued to show relatively high prices than the national average. By the end of March, the consumer credit...

  • REVOLUTION OF '96. Chait, Jonathan // New Republic;12/30/96, Vol. 215 Issue 27, p10 

    Scrutinizes the political implications of Michael Boskin's recommendation to decrease the Consumer Price Index (CPI) and adjust the rate of inflation in the U.S. Claim that the CPI overstates inflation; Criticism from Republicans against the CPI revision; Contribution of the CPI in calculating...

  • Table 3 (OW). Old Weight Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U): Selected areas, all items index.  // CPI Detailed Report;Feb2004, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p125 

    Presents a chart depicting Old Weight Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers in selected areas and all items index.

  • Experimental cost-of-living indexes: a summary of current research. Kokoski, Mary F. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul89, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p34 

    Presents research about experimental cost-of-living indexes in the United States as of July 1989. How the Bureau of Labor Statistics has begun to implement changes to improve the quality of the Consumer Price Index (CPI); Patterns of household expenditures; Consideration of price changes that...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics