Road Plan Advances
- Toll Roads for All. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31794, p27
Reports that state highways could become toll roads under a policy approved by the Transportation Commission in Texas. Uses of excess toll revenue; Plan of the commission to convert freeways to toll roads.
- A Cross-Country Tour. // Planning;May2005, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p15
Reports on developments on topics related to road planning in different states in the U.S. Announcement that the four express lanes on State Road 91 in Orange County, California are free most of the day to motorists with three or more people in their vehicle; Funding of Denver, Colorado area's...
- HIGHWAY HAPPENINGS. // Overdrive;Aug2006, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p102
The article reports on developments related to happenings in the highways of several states in the U.S. The Redwood Landfill Overcrossing on U.S. 101 between Novato and Petaluma in California has already been opened. The 7-mile stretch I-25 between downtown Denver and U.S. 36 in Colorado has...
- Drivers Wanted: Agency Lowers Toll on Road. // San Diego Business Journal;6/4/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p3
The article reports on the decision of the San Diego Association of Governments board to vote to lower tolls on the underutilized South Bay Expressway, which serves as a major link between the factories immediately south in Baja California to U.S. markets.
- Selling Toll Roads Can Make Sense. Poole Jr., Robert W. // Orange County Business Journal;04/03/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p43
Comments on the aborted sale of the 91 Express Lanes toll road project in Orange County, California. Examples of toll road sales transactions; Reasons for the government's shift to private toll roads; Details of the project.
- Texas, Arkansas look to tolls for funding highway projects. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;03/03/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30342, p30
Focuses on the efforts of Texas officials to use toll roads as a source of funding for highway projects. Texas Transportation Commission's issuance of a resolution approving North Texas Tollway Authority's proposal to convert a stretch of highway in Irving to a toll road; Fort Bend County's...
- Public-private partnership slashes commute times in half. // San Diego Business Journal;3/3/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 9, Special section p6
The article features the South Bay Expressway in San Diego, California. The region's toll road was opened to traffic on November 19, 2007. It is a 10-mile highway that completes the missing link in San Diego's transportation network. The Expressway runs from State Route 54 in Spring Valley to...
- Tampa-Hillsborough Agency Opens Reversible-Lanes Toll Road. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/24/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32429, p3
The article reports on Tampa-Hillsborough Expressway Authority's opening of its nine-mile-long reversible lanes toll road. It is a 420 million dollar bond-financed project believed to be the first of its kind in the state of Florida. The Expressway Authority is seeking proposals from...
- Ideas diverge for road plan to connect University Circle. Bennett, David; Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p4
Reports on the diverging ideas for road planning in Cleveland, Ohio. Opposition of Mayor-elect Jane Campbell to a proposed University Circle freeway; Study made for the construction of a boulevard or road; Improvement of the connection of the highway system to the University Circle.