- Oklahoma Commissioner Vows To Beat Impeachment. Hays, Daniel // National Underwriter / P&C;9/20/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 35, p10
Reports on Oklahoma Insurance Commissioner Carroll Fisher's impeachment by the state House of Representatives for neglect of duty, incompetence and corruption in office. Fisher's answer to the charges; Fisher's criticism of the "Oklahoman" newspaper for its alleged role in the investigation of...
- FLORIDA: New Speaker Tossed Out. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/5/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33056, p9
The article reports on the impeachment of Florida House Speaker Ray Sansom because of his involvement on corruption controversy. Samson has undergone an investigation for allegedly funneling $35 million in state funds to Northwest Florida State College. Sansom defended that he did not do...
- A Governor Suspended. // Time;11/5/1923, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p7
This article reports on a bill of impeachment passed by the State House of Representatives of Oklahoma against Governor J. C. Walton. The impeachment bill contains 22 charges varying from placing his private chauffeur on government payroll to attempting to prevent a meeting of the legislature....
- Rowland to Resign. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31910, p1
Reports on the resignation of John Rowland as a governor due to corruption charges in the government of Connecticut. Replacement of M. Jodi Rell for the position; Decision of the state's Supreme Court that upheld the impeachment for governor's allegations of corrupt practices; Indication of the...
- Life After Paksas? Tracevskis, Rokas M. // Transitions Online;4/19/2004, pN.PAG
Reports on the impeachment of Rolandas Paksas, prime minister of Lithuania on April 6, 2004. Overview of the scandal involving Paksas; Number of votes of parliamentary deputies for and against Paksas; Details of the speech of Paksas after his impeachment.
- Bailout Blago. Raimondo, Justin // American Conservative;01/12/2009, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p10
The article focuses on the reputation of Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich. According to the author, Blagojevich has been a symbol of political corruption and an infamous mobster-politician. It states that the governor keep on demanding cash for political favors. It denotes that one of the...
- RECORDS OF INSURER IN RECEIVERSHIP ARE NOT SUBJECT TO OKLAHOMA OPEN RECORDS LAW. // Journal of Insurance Regulation;Fall2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p148
Focuses on the insurance case, the Farrimond versus State of Oklahoma, ex. rel. Carroll Fisher, Insurance Commissioner. Ruling of the Oklahoma Supreme Court; Details of the case; Significant elements of the Oklahoma Open Records Act.
- The Quarrel Ahead. Buckley Jr., William F. // National Review;3/22/1999, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p62
The article comments on the intention of the group People for the American Way to oppose the re-election of legislators who voted in favor of impeaching U.S. President Bill Clinton. It justifies the Republican vote for the impeachment of Clinton. It elucidates issues related to the Constitution...
- On the matter of Canadian political corruption. Atkins, Michael // Northern Ontario Business;May2005, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on political corruption in Canada. Sources of political corruption.