Maine Debt Plans Unchanged Despite August Revenue Boost
- BMI VIEW: EMERGING EUROPE. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/8/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p3
Presents updates on the debts of Ukraine, Poland and the Czech Republic as of November 8, 2004. Possible effect of the presidential election in Ukraine on its debts; Decision of the central bank to hold the debt rates of Poland in October 2004.
- The Incidence of Accounting-based Covenants in UK Public Debt Contracts: An Empirical Analysis. Citron, David B. // Accounting & Business Research;Summer95, Vol. 25 Issue 99, p139
Accounting-based covenants are of particular interest to accounting researchers in view of their potential to influence management's accounting policy choices and their attitudes to new accounting standards. This exploratory paper provides evidence on the incidence of accounting-based covenants...
- NUMBERS IN THE NEWS. // Regional Today;01/15/2013, p3
Statistics are presented on several European countries including the state debt of Czech Republic, and the average sales price of a residential property in Bulgaria.
- Management Aspiration and Audit Opinion: Fixed Asset Accounting at the Staveley Coal & Iron Company 1863 1883. Baldwin, Trevor // Accounting & Business Research (Wolters Kluwer UK);Winter94, Vol. 25 Issue 97, p3
In discussing the form and content of published financial statements prior to 1900, J. R. Edwards argues that, in a laissez-faire environment, management is free to choose those accounting principles and practices providing maximum utility, given the goals of the organisation. This paper...
- Dangers of debt. Stammer, Don // BRW;6/17/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p26
Reports on the dramatic changes in the structure of debt in Australia. Trend in the 1980s indicating that state governments and the corporate sector were heavy borrowers; Reasons why households began constituting the majority of debt in the late 1990s.
- Chinese local authority debt: The makings of a crisis? Vendryes, Thomas // China Perspectives;2011, Vol. 2011 Issue 3, p84
The article reports on the local authority debt of China. It mentions that the local authority debt are on the political agenda of the Chinese central authorities. Further it mentions the Chinese government has been focusing on a policy of recentralising its tax revenues and the country is also...
- Atlanta Sheds 1,400 Jobs, Increases Property Tax, and Eyes $57M in Cuts. van Dusen, Christine // Bond Buyer;1/21/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33045, p5
The article reports that Atlanta, Georgia has scrambled to close a gap of $40 million by eliminating more than 1,400 positions, boosting property tax revenue by $40 million, and proposing $57 million in spending cuts for fiscal 2009, due to a budget shortfall of $140 million. According to Mayor...
- TABLE FFO-5. - Internal Revenue Receipts by State, 2004. // Treasury Bulletin;Dec2004, p21
Presents a chart depicting the budget receipts by state of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service for the fiscal year 2004.
- TENNESSEE: January Revenue Up. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/22/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32573, p9
The article reports on the $56 million or 5.9 percent increase on the revenues that were collected in Tennessee in January 2007. Data from the Department of Revenue projected that the main contributory factors are sales and use tax collections which increased by 4.4 percent over the $702 million...