Fitch: New York's New Law May Weaken Local Government Credits
- Corbett Looks to Thread Needle on Pension Overhaul. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;6/6/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F322, p1
The article offers information on the public employee pension system of Pennsylvania. It states that proposal of Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett to overhaul public employee pension system of Pennsylvania could pass despite opposition from both the left and the right. It further states that...
- Fitch: San Jose Pension Settlement Shows Reform Difficult. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;8/24/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34365, p1
San Jose, Calif.'s pension settlement with the city's police and firefighters is evidence that reducing pension liabilities will be challenging for local governments, Fitch Ratings said in a commentary.
- Fitch: Pensions to Pose Continued Budget Pressures for Some Local Governments. DePaul, Jennifer // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;4/ 9/2013, p4
The article focuses on the findings of the report, titled "Local Government Pension Analysis," published by Fitch Ratings on April 8, 2013 about the continuing budget pressures pose by pensions to local government. The effect of pension liabilities on several local government that are rated by...
- More Debt Ahead for Stable Water, Sewer Sector, Fitch Says. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;1/14/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33041, p5
The article presents an economic outlook for the U.S. for 2009 by Fitch Ratings Ltd. Fitch stated that the water and sewer systems will rely more on debt issuance than pay-as-you-go financing due to growing capital needs. It is noted that the greatest threat to sector stability of the economy...
- Rating Agencies Deal Fresh Blows to New Jersey, Illinois. Reeve, Nick // AiCIO News;2014, p1
The article reports that credit rating agency Fitch has downgraded municipal bonds of New Jersey for the second time as of 2014 citing continued deterioration of the funding levels of the state's pension funds. Topics include the reduction in the bonds from A+ to A, leaving them among the...
- Chicago Affirmed by Fitch. // Bond Buyer;7/7/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34338, p1
Fitch Ratings said it has assigned a BBB-plus rating Chicago, Ill.'s $389.6 million general obligation bonds series 2015A and $689.6 million GO bonds taxable series 2015B.
- Fitch Improves Outlook on Suffolk Co., N.Y. to Stable. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;3/27/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34083, p1
The article reports that credit rating agency Fitch Ratings has raised its outlook on Suffolk County of New York's bonds and also mentions that the agency has also rated the county's general obligation (GO) bonds A and its revenue and bond anticipation notes F1.
- Fitch Downgrades Pennsylvania to AA-minus. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;9/24/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34183, p1
Another bond-rating hammer falls on Pennsylvania as Fitch downgrades the state's GO bonds to AA-minus.
- Ratings for U.S. States. // Bond Buyer;9/24/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34183, p1
*Update: Fitch downgrades Pennsylvania to AA-minus (Sept. 23)