Former Clinton Aide Leon Panetta Paints Dark Portrait of California's Finances
- Panetta Urges India to Take Larger Role in Afghanistan. WAN, WILLIAN // News India Times;06/15/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 24, p4
The article reports that U.S. Defense Secretary, Leon E. Panetta advocates Indian officials to take a "more active role" in Afghanistan in the talks on June 6, 2012.
- Appointments. // Military Technology;2011, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p9
The article announces the appointment of Leon E. Panetta as U.S. Secretary of Defense.
- Leon Panetta, Pentagon Politician. Dreazen, Yochi J. // National Journal;3/24/2012, p3
In this article, the author examines Leon Panetta's role as the secretary of U.S. Department of Defense. He discusses the function of Joint Chiefs in fighting for a program that reduces the budget and weakens the branches of the military. Particular focus is also given to the impact of the...
- Backlash. Koehl, Carla; Howard, Lucy // Newsweek;2/27/1995, Vol. 125 Issue 9, p6
Comments on the reaction of White House aides to chief of staff Leon Panetta's streamlined operations. Sniping by midlevel aides who've been cut from the inner circle; Their reaction after the White House bobbled the nomination of Henry Foster as surgeon general.
- U.S. Defense Secretary to Travel To India Early June. // India -- West;6/1/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 28, pA18
The article presents information on visit of the U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to India.
- Huanqiu: We Should Fight the U.S. with Wisdom. // Chinascope;Jul/Aug2012, Issue 58, p36
The article reports on a commentary published by "Huanqiu" in response to the remarks made by U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta which states that China will fight the U.S. with their wisdom, open mind, and persistence.
- To hill and back. Stanglin, Douglas; Walsh, Kenneth T. // U.S. News & World Report;11/25/96, Vol. 121 Issue 21, p34
Suggest that the White House will miss departing Chief of Staff Leon Panetta for his longstanding role as fielder of angry calls from members of Congress whenever the president deviated from the policies of Capitol Hill Democrats. Expectation that the White House will bring in a professional...
- New focus. Cerio, Gregory; Howard, Lucy // Newsweek;8/29/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 9, p6
Assesses changes in White House routine since Leon Panetta took over as chief of staff. His rulings on walk-in privileges to the Oval Office, routing of decision memos, and more; Aides' reactions.
- Darth's tutorial. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/14/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 11, p25
Reports on White House Budget Chief Leon Panetta's endorsement of a space program for the country. Panetta as a former opponent of the space station; Vice President Al Gore's sending of Panetta to get an education about space.