Self-portraits of illness: the gift of the gaze
- The outcome of young colorectal cancer patients is controversial. Fu, Jian-Fei // Techniques in Coloproctology;Dec2013, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p671
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about patients with colorectal cancer.
- The effective diagnostic process may shorten TISD and improve overall survival of young patients with colorectal cancer. Wang, Mo-Jin; Wang, Zi-Qiang; Wang, Rui; Zhou, Zong-Guang // International Journal of Colorectal Disease;Aug2014, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p1025
A letter to the editor is presented that discusses the time interval between onset of symptoms and diagnosis (TISD) of patients with colorectal cancer.
- Continuing Medical Education Questions: July 2011. DeVault, Kenneth R.; Carey, Emily; Hanouneh, Ibrahim; Kane, Saul; Navaneethan, Udayakumar // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul2011, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p1207
A quiz concerning colonoscopy of elderly patients with colorectal cancer is presented.
- The Prognostic Significance of Chromosome Abnormalities in Colon Tumors. Lubs, Herbert A.; Kotler, Stuart // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug67, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p328
Provides information on a study that examined the clinical-cytogenetic correlations in patients with colon tumors. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.
- Influence of stage at diagnosis on survival differences for rectal cancer in three European populations. Monnet, E; Faivre, J; Raymond, L; Garau, I // British Journal of Cancer;10/1/99, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p463
Important differences have recently been highlighted between European countries in the survival of colorectal cancer patients. As data on stage at diagnosis were available for rectal cancers in three European population-based registries (Geneva Switzerland; CÃ´te d'Or, France; Mallorca,...
- A cohort study of dietary iron and heme iron intake and risk of colorectal cancer in women. Kabat, G. C.; Miller, A. B.; Jain, M.; Rohan, T. E. // British Journal of Cancer;12/3/2007, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p1600
A correction to the article "A cohort study of dietary iron and heme iron intake and risk of colorectal cancer in women" that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- Letter to the Editor: Worse prognosis caused by anti-EGFR treatment in advanced colorectal cancer patients with KRAS mutation. Yin, Peihao; Qiu, Yanyan; Li, Qi // International Journal of Colorectal Disease;May2013, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p733
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Worse prognosis caused by anti-EGFR treatment in advanced colorectal cancer patients with KRAS mutation," by Peihao Yin, Yanyan Qiu and Qi Li, published in the previous issue of the periodical.
- QuickStats. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;3/27/2015, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p310
A chart is presented that shows the mortality rates of U.S. people with colorectal cancer from 1999 to 2013.
- Ziv-aflibercept yields encouraging results in metastatic colorectal cancer. // Hem/Onc Today;11/10/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p26
The article reports on a study by Doctor Eric Van Cutsem, head of digestive oncology and professor of medicine at University Hospital Gasthuisberg in Leuven, Belgium, stating that the addition of ziv-aflibercept to infusional FOLFIRI improved survival in metastatic colorectal cancer patients.