Growing Values Fund
- Iowa Debating $900M Development Plan Using Revenues From Gaming. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31618, p1
Iowa lawmakers began debating a 900 million dollar economic development program that would divert gambling revenues from the state's general fund and earmark them to repay the bonds needed to finance the plan. The bill unveiled by a group of Democratic andRepublican House legislators is the...
- Iowa Lawmakers Shelve $2B, Bond-Heavy Development Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p36
Iowa legislators said that the state could not afford the Iowa Farm Bureau's 2 billion dollars, largely bond-financed economic development plan. The legislature's decision to put the plan on hold and look to several other smaller versions with similar goals was prompted by the release of a...
- USDA announces funding to aid rural businesses and create jobs. // High Plains Journal;11/30/2015, Vol. 133 Issue 49, p2A
The article reports on the loans and grants announced by U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack for projects that will help rural businesses in several states and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and create jobs.
- USDA announces investments in businesses, rural economic development. // High Plains Journal;2/17/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 7, p15A
The article reports on an announcement by U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack that the Department of Agriculture (USDA) is investing in rural businesses to help create new jobs and encourage economic development.
- USDA program promotes job creation. // Rural Cooperatives;May/Jun2013, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p40
The article reports on an announcement by U.S. agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack regarding the acceptance of applications from qualified, nonprofit and public organizations to provide loans to support rural businesses and community development groups.
- Vilsack's Proposal Draws Ire From Iowa GOP. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p32
Reports on Iowa's need to borrow funds to pay for a new public safety building to house the state medical examiner's office and a crime laboratory, according to Governor Tom Vilsack. Plans of Vilsack to recommend the borrowing plan when lawmakers reconvene in 2001; Repayment of the annual debt...
- USDA announces new provisions for marketing assistance loans and loan deficiency payments. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);4/23/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p4
The article reports on the new provisions for the Marketing Assistance Loans (MAL) and Loan Deficiency Payments (LDP) in accordance with the 2008 Farm Bill, announced by U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack on April 7, 2009.
- Iowa governor's plan would aid downtown Des Moines project. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30803, p3
Reports on the plans of Iowa governor Tom Vilsack to finance projects on recreation and cultural facilities. Creation of a fund for such projects; Plans to issue bonds.
- United States : USDA Announces $25 Million for Agricultural Entrepreneurs to Turn Commodities into Value-Added Products. // TendersInfo News;8/20/2014, p1
The article reports on investments in rural agricultural businesses by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for promotion of interests of rural entrepreneurs in the U.S. economy, business growth and job creation. It states that the funds will be used to support regional food systems. It...