Charter School Conduit
- Showbiz Charter School in Florida to Premiere $5M Issue. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/3/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32252, p34
Reports that Palm Beach County, Florida will be the conduit issuer of bonds for the G-Star School of the Arts for Motion Pictures and Broadcasting. Plan of the county to sell about 4.5 million dollars of Series 2005A tax-exempt and private-activity revenue bonds; Use of the bond proceeds to...
- Dept. of Education Announces 4th Charter School Grant Competition. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/12/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32109, p4
Reports that the U.S. Department of Education has announced that it would hold its fourth grant competition to award an aid to charter schools and encourage bond issuance. Estimated amount the Agency will issue; Deadline of the applications for the Credit Enhancement for Charter School...
- Florida Schools: New Charter Oversight May Hurt Ratings. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/9/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32565, p30
The article reports that some public school officials believe that their bond ratings could be damaged because an appointed commission now oversees the approval of charter schools in Florida. Local school boards are responsible for providing charter schools with funding for students and capital...
- Model Colorado Charter School Hopes to Pique Interest. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31207, p30
Features the revenue bond deal that will be launched by Boulder Valley, Colorado-based Peak to Peak Charter School. Value of the deal; Rating below investment grade; Aim to use the money from the August 27, 2001 sale to build a campus in Lafayette.
- Texas Orders Shutdown of Five Charter Schools. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/12/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31511, p4
Reports on the closure of five low-performing state charter schools by the Texas officials on November 12, 2002. Reasons for the closure of the schools; Report on charter school movements released by Fitch Ratings. Factors responsible for low performance of state charter schools; Analysis of...
- Legislation Keeps Charter School Bonds Coming in Colorado. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p38
No abstract available.
- Chicago Charter School Plans $7M Issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31267, p38
Reports on the plan of Chicago, Illinois-based Perspective Charter School to issue $7 million of bonds through Illinois Development Finance Authority. Purpose for which revenue generated through the bonds would be used; Requirements for charter schools under Illinois laws; Names of placement...
- Colorado Charter School Deal to Repay Loan for New Home. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31273, p6
Reports that a multi-million-dollar revenue bond issue on behalf of the Pinnacle Charter School near Westminster, Colorado will finance a building for the school. Issuer of the bonds; Difficulties faced by the school because of space problems and inadequate facilities; Underwriter for the bonds.
- OHIO COMMUNITY/CHARTER SCHOOLS. // Cincinnati Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p89
Presents information on the public and charter schools in Cincinnati, Ohio as of April 2003. Location of the East End Community Heritage School; Year in which the Lighthouse Community School was founded; Enrollment in the Life Skills Center of Hamilton County.