San Jose, Calif., Highlights Panel Discussion on Disclosure
- Sidley Austin Gets Back Veteran, Two Others From Orrick. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31428, p3
Reports the recruitment of Mary H. Neale to the position of public finance officer of Sidley Austin Brown & Wood in Los Angeles, California. Career history of Neale; Expertise in public finance; Provision of credit enhancement.
- Sidley Austin Adds Two Partners. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p5
Reports that New York-based law firm of Sidley, Austin Brown & Wood LLP has named its attorneys public finance in its Manhattan office. Name of the employees; Corporate profile of the employees.
- Sidley launches Continental office with ten-partner hire. Hobbs, Kathryn // Lawyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the move of the law firm Sidley Austin Brown & Wood to enhance its international trade practice. Information on the practice of the firm; Partners of the firm; Details of the move of the firm.
- Sidley gains UBS bengoshi to Tokyo drive. Vere-Jones, Emma // Lawyer;7/7/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p8
Reports that Kazunobi Nishi, UBS Japan's regional general counsel, is joining Sidley Austin Brown & Wood's expanding law practice in Tokyo.
- Sidley teams up with Japanese firm. Vere-Jones, Emma // Lawyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p8
Reports on Sidley Austin Brown & Wood's joint venture with a law firm in Japan. Terms of the deal; Sidley's effort to boosts its presence in Japan; Japanese lawyers joining the venture.
- Hogan & Hartson gives up NY office space for Sidley . Smith, Claire // Lawyer;9/24/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p10
Reports on the decision of Hogan & Hartson to give its office space in New York city to Sidley Austin Brown & Wood whose office at the World Trade Center was destroyed in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Information on the practice of Sidley Austin in New York city; Charity deeds made...
- Sidley scoops CC heavyweight. // Lawyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p1
Reports on British law firm Sidley Austin Brown and Wood's hiring of John Woodhall, former head of securitization at Clifford Chance.
- A Disaster Plan in Action: How a Law Firm in the World trade Center Survived 9/11 with Vital Records and Employees Intact. Barr, Jean // Information Management Journal;May/Jun2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p28
Presents a case study recounting how the law firm Sidley Austin Brown & Wood was able to recover from a direct hit at the World Trade Center in New York City during the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack, with its employees and vital records intact. Contact lists needed initially among the...
- California Power Agency to Pick Underwriters for Pool. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/2/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31378, p4
Reports the plan of the California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority to select underwriters for its financing pool. Lists of underwriters selected by the agency; Need for commercial customers to monitor their energy use; Selection of Sidley Austin Brown & Wood as bond counsel.