Derivatives Helped by Greater Acceptance, Standard Practices, Experts Say
- Muni Derivatives Can Survive By Getting Back to Basics. Ruggenburg, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/14/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33182, p30
In this article, the author discusses the restructuring an unwinding activity in the municipal derivatives market, particularly related to synthetic fixed-rate bond structures in the U.S. He contends that the growth in variable-rate tax-exempt bond issuance reflects the equally impressive growth...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32182, p6
Provides summary data on derivatives and structured products in the United States for the week leading to July 20, 2005. Bond Market Association municipal swap index; Index-linked municipal swaps; Swap rates versus bond yields.
- Panelists Discuss Ups and Downs of Muni Derivatives. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p4
Discusses the views of a panel on municipal derivatives at 'The Bond Buyer' periodical's 8th New England Public Finance/Higher Education Finance held in Boston, Massachusetts. Preparation for market anomalies; Increase in the number of municipal derivative deals; Use of Interest-rate swaps;...
- Derivatives & Structured Products. // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p7
The article presents charts on derivatives and structured products in the United States as of May 9, 2006. It shows the BMA Municipal Swap Index and the Index-Linked Muni Swaps. The charts show the average yield on seven-day high-grade variable-rate demand obligations, and the interest rates...
- A Case for Developing the Municipal Bond Market in India. Sheikh, Shahana; Asher, Mukul G. // ASCI Journal of Management;Sep2012, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the development of India's municipal bond market. A municipal bond is said to be an evidence of obligation of an urban local body (ULB) to repay a principal amount on a maturity date along with the interest at a stated or formula-based rate. It is stated that borrowing...
- A new environment. Hummel, John R. // T & P: Tooling & Production;May/Jun2009, Vol. 75 Issue 5/6, p26
The article presents the author's opinion on the new carried out by the U.S. administration to overcome inflation and help in economic recovery. He states that the new programs will increase the wealth of the U.S. Federal Reserve from $2 trillion to $4 trillion. He says that the housing or...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31516, p36
Provides information on swaps in the U.S. municipal bond market as of November 2002. Bond Market Association municipal swap indexes; Index-linked municipal swap rates; Comparison of swap rates with bond yields.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;09/26/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30983, p27
Presents a chart and graphs on derivatives and structured products in the United States as of September 26, 2000. Bond Market Association Municipal Swap Index; Index-Linked Muni Swaps; Swap rates versus bond yields.
- A New Kind of CDS. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32348, p1
The article reports on the amount of the notional principal outstanding volume of credit default swaps (CDS) on municipal names estimated by dealers in the U.S. The five billion to six billion CDS is a small part of the of the 17.3 trillion in outstanding credit default swaps on single names,...