Retail Sales Off; Sales Ex-Autos Rise
- Cars Drive Retail Sales Gain. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;1/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p20
The article presents information on sales in the U.S. automobiles industry. Fueled by a big surge in car sales, retail sales grew somewhat faster than expected during December 2004, rising 1.2 percent, to a seasonally adjusted $349.4 billion, providing a strong finish to the year. But excluding...
- How to Make It Online. Banks, Cliff // Ward's Dealer Business;Aug2006, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p40
The article focuses on the profitability of online sales for automobile dealerships in the U.S. Indications showed that many dealerships still think Internet sales are not as profitable as the so-called traditional sale. However, according to industry experts, much has changed since Internet...
- Turning Cool Into Cash. Fitzgerald, Craig // Automotive Industries;Feb2003, Vol. 183 Issue 2, p48
Focuses on the advantages of the production of niche vehicles and development of comprehensive factory-approved programs to automobile manufacturers and suppliers in the U.S. Projection on sales of factory-approved accessories; Factors responsible for the growth in niche vehicle and...
- Technology Aids Megadealer Growth. Banks, Cliff // Ward's Dealer Business;May2006, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p26
The article reports on the significance of tracking the internet sales totals of automobile dealer groups in the United States, citing benefits for lead management and technological development reporting. Ted Gessler, corporate internet director for the Bergstrom Automotive Group in Wisconsin...
- Why many dealers lose out online. Vogel, Dan // Automotive News;3/21/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6139, p16
The article presents the author's views on why many automobile dealers lose out online. Ten years ago, most dealers did not know how to access the Internet. Though most now recognize how important the Internet can be for business, many are missing opportunities to capitalize on it. Underuse of...
- Big changes still to come. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;10/6/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the impact of the changes to regulations governing Europe's automobile sales and repair network on automobile retailing, as of October 2003. Objectives of the new rules; Changes made to the regulations; Predictions for the industry.
- Some dealers are on the edge of ruin, others look ahead to boom times. Auer, Georg; Keogh, Olive; de Oliveira, Paulo Soares // Automotive News Europe;10/6/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p4
Presents comments of European automobile dealers on the changes made to regulations governing Europe's car sales and repair network in 2003. Gaetano Forte of Sweeney and Forte in Ireland; Walter Benda of Honda in Austria; Owen Crinigan of Joe Duffy Motors in Ireland.
- Dealers set to spread across Europe. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;10/6/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p4
Report on the changes made to regulations governing Europe's automobile sales and repair network, as of October 2003. Impact on car retailing; Effectivity date; Implications for car dealers.
- Block exemption battle sends a signal. // Automotive News Europe;10/6/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p10
Comments on the changing of regulations governing Europe's automobile sales and repair. Impact on the relations between car manufacturers and dealers; Challenge posed to environmental policies.