- Bond Provisions in Limbo as Work Halts on Corporate Tax Bill. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;3/25/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31849, p5
Reports on the suspension of work on the corporate tax bill in the U.S. Senate after Republican leaders failed to cut off debate on a Democratic amendment to the proposed legislation. Impact of the bill on municipal bond provisions; Expectation of a substitute measure of the corporate tax bill;...
- Iowa Tobacco Securitization Off to Governor. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/02/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31130, p5
Reports on a proposed bill to permit Iowa to leverage its share of the national tobacco settlement with a mixed sale of tax-exempt and taxable bonds. House's approval of the measure; Amount of bonds to be sold by the state.
- Chicago Plans Multiple GO Issues to Help Fund 2001 Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p32
Reports on Chicago, Illinois' plan to issue general obligation bonds to pay for budgeted expenses in 2001. City Council's approval of Mayor Richard M. Daley's 2001 budget; Pricing of the general obligation bonds in February 2001.
- Pennsylvania Passes Budget, Clears Path for Over $1 Billion in Bonds. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31167, p39
Reports on the Pennsylvania General Assembly's approval of a budget that includes bond authorizations. Issuance of bonds for museum projects; Other bonds included in the budget to finance a variety of capital projects.
- Fla. Panel In Cat Fund Bill Talks. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/19/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32550, p1
The article reports on the formation of a legislative joint conference committee in Florida. The committee was formed to negotiate several bills passed by the House in January 2007 that could increase bonding capacity for the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund. The bills also authorizes...
- N.Y. Assemblyman Champions Bonds for University Hospital. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;03/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31105, p3
Reports on New York Assemblyman Michael J. Bragman's proposed bill calling for the issuance of bonds to finance clinical and parking facilities at the State University of New York Upstate Medical University in Syracuse. Amount of the bonds to be issued; Issuance of the bonds through the New...
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT[*]. // Bond Buyer;03/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30861, p5
Reports on developments in proposed legislation on municipal bonds and public finance in the United States as of March 31, 2000. Description of the legislative bills; Comparison between the current and proposed laws; Current status of the proposed legislation.
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p6
Reports on developments concerning legislative bills on municipal bonds, and state and local finance in the United States as of July 14, 2000. District of Colombia Management Restoration Act; Stop Tax-Exempt Arena Debt Issuance Act; Financial Services Act of 1999; Low-Income Housing Tax Credit...
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;07/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30937, p6
Highlights a legislative status report on municipal bond and state and local finance in the United States as of July 21, 2000. Proposed private-use bond restrictions on municipal electric utilities; Airport Improvement Program; Tax-exempt bond issuance by private parties for highway construction.