Hearing the Toll Plan
- Maine without the pinchers. Hutchins, Benjamin D. // Roads & Bridges;Jun2006, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p86
The article focuses on the I-mile Portland Connector highway project in Maine. It is the first project to be undertaken using the design-build process, as opposed to the more traditional design-bid-build process. Shaw Brothers Construction used global positioning system technology to make sure...
- Prospering from four-landing. // Northern Ontario Business;May2004, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the expansion of Highway 11 in Ontario.
- Everybody wants in -- and out. Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;May2004, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p30
Presents information on the construction of a highway to relieve congestion problems in Tampa, Florida. Design of the highway; Reason for choosing Figg Bridge Engineers and contractor PCL Civil Constructors Inc. for the construction of the highway; Details of the construction process.
- Highway Project Will Reduce Border Congestion. MENDOZA, ALEXANDRA // La Prensa San Diego;10/30/2015, Vol. 39 Issue 50, p1
No abstract available.
- Md. finishes FEIS for Connector. // Roads & Bridges;Feb2006, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p12
Reports that the Maryland State Highway Administration and the Federal Highway Administration have completed the Final Environmental Impact Statement for the Intercounty Connector (ICC), a proposed highway in Prince George's and Montgomery counties, in February 2006. Advantages of the ICC;...
- HIGHWAY HAPPENINGS. // Overdrive;Oct2004, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p66
The article presents latest developments related to the construction work of various highways in the U.S. Construction on I-15 near Devore has begun with four lanes in each direction, reduced to three during peak traffic and two on nights and weekends in California. Work on I-95 between Linton...
- Stones face end of road. Early, Catherine // Planning (14672073);12/14/2007, Issue 1749, p10
The article provides information on the study and review on the efforts to balance cost and environmental demands on road improvements at Stonehenge, England. According to the author, the attempt to resolve the problems at the world heritage site has seen the government consult on five choices...
- Oklahoma Back in the Garvee Market With $96 Million Offering for Highways. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/13/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32585, p8
The article reports that a multimillion-dollar highway corridor improvement plan will get an infusion of $96.3 million from the proceeds of March 11-17, 2007 negotiated sale of grant anticipation notes by the Oklahoma Department of Transportation. The report has noted that the schedule for the...
- road warriors. Greengard, Samuel // PM Network;Jul2009, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p60
The article focuses on the construction of the Inter-Oceanic Highway project that will link Brazil with several Peruvian port cities. It notes the aim of the project in opening the inaccessible areas for tourist development and accessibility. It mentions the existence of abysmal risks that...