Guidelines for the management of inflammatory bowel disease in adults
- Quality of care for patients with inflammatory bowel disease in East China. Qin Zhu; Qian Cao; Jian-Min Si; Andoh, Akira; Seow-Choen, Francis // World Journal of Gastroenterology;1/28/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p612
AIM: To investigate the quality of care for a hospital based-cohort of patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) from East China according to the current practice guidelines. METHODS: A retrospective review was conducted, involving 177 patients with IBD admitted to Sir Run Run Shaw...
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Nasseri-Moghaddam, Siavosh // Middle East Journal of Digestive Diseases;Apr2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p77
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is the term used for a group of diseases with yet unknown etiology, prevalence of which is increasing almost everywhere in the world. The disease was almost non-existent four decades ago in the east, including the middle-east, while now a days it is seen more and...
- Diagnosis of Crohn's Disease: A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing? Chinyu Su; Lichtenstein, Gary R. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec2000, Vol. 95 Issue 12, p3345
Comments on the diagnosis of Crohn's disease. Comparison between the clinical manifestations of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis; Heterogeneity of the disease; Effect of extraintestinal manifestations on the diagnostic process.
- Identification of a Prodromal Period in Crohn's Disease But Not Ulcerative Colitis. Pimentel, Mark; Chang, Michael; Chow, Evelyn J.; Tabibzadeh, Siamak; Kirit-Kiriak, Viorelia; Targan, Stephan R.; Lin, Henry C. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec2000, Vol. 95 Issue 12, p3458
OBJECTIVES: Irritable bowel syndrome, a common gastrointestinal diagnosis, has not been clearly studied in inflammatory bowel disease. Some of the residual symptoms in subjects treated with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are thought to be related to irritable bowel syndrome. The aims of...
- BIOLOGICS IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE: HOW MUCH PROGRESS HAVE WE MADE? Sandborn, W. J.; Faubion, W. A. // Gut;Sep2004, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p1366
The article focuses on the progress made in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease with biologic therapies, concentrating primarily on the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) inhibitors infliximab, etanercept, adalirnumab, CDP87O, CDP571 and onercept, and on the selective adhesion molecule...
- The Economic Burden of Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Clear Problem, Unclear Solution. Stone, Christian // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Dec2012, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p3042
No abstract available.
- Fenotipo e historia natural de la enfermedad inflamatoria intestinal en un centro de referencia en Medellï¿½n-Colombia. Ba�os, Fabi�n Juliao; V�lez, Mario Hern�n Ruiz; Arango, Jos� Fernando Fl�rez; G�mez, Jorge Hernando Donado; Zuluaga, Juan Ignacio Mar�n; Arango, Claudia Monsalve; G�mez, Carlos Andr�s Jim�nez; Zapata, Yineth Agudelo; Velayos, Fernando S. // Revista Colombiana de Gastroenterologï¿½a;Jul2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p240
Worldwide the frequencies of inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis and Crohnï¿½s disease have all increased. In our own environment it has become necessary to establish the epidemiology of these entities and to determine their clinical and endoscopic behavior. Methodology: This is a...
- In siblings with similar genetic susceptibility for inflammatory bowel disease, smokers tend to develop Crohn's disease and non-smokers develop ulcerative colitis. Bridger, S.; Lee, J.C.W.; Bjarnason, I.; Lennard Jones, J.E.; Macpherson, A.J. // Gut;Jul2002, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p21
Background and aims: Smoking tobacco has opposite effects on the different forms of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). It predisposes to the development of Crohn's disease (CD) yet is associated with a reduced incidence of ulcerative colitis (UC). We have studied sib pairs discordant for both...
- Inflammatory bowel disease. O'Malley, John; Spinks, Julian // Pulse;5/25/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 19, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), including the diagnostic process of IBD, what drug therapy to treat Crohn's disease, and the risk of cancer with ulcerative colitis.