GFI Launches U.S. Electronic Trading
- What's Old Is New. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;9/15/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p1
Reveals that Eurex will use a loaded version of its scalable a/c/e platform to supports its operations in the U.S. derivatives markets. Comments from Eurex senior vice president Michael McErlean about the plan; Growth of electronic trading in derivatives markets in both the Europe Union the...
- The Evolution and Future of E-broking. Dhamija, Vineet // IIMB Management Review (Indian Institute of Management Bangalore;Mar2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p28
Analyzes the evolution and future of electronic trading (e-trading) in India. Introduction to e-trading; Framework for analyzing the amenability for e-enablement; Benefits of e-trading; Hindrances to growth of e-trading.
- OTC Derivatives Use Rises While Sovereigns Slow. Thurston, Charles W. // Global Finance;Mar2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p40
Discusses the growth of the global market for over-the-counter (OTC) financial derivatives. Definition of financial derivatives; Factors contributing to the growth of the OTC market; Increase in the volume of credit derivatives; Information on electronic traded derivatives.
- Buy-Side Execs Want More E-Bond Access. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;12/8/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p1
Reports on a call from buy-side executives for sell-side dealers in the U.S. to offer fee-based electronic trading of bonds in which institutions would have transparent or direct access to other buy-side firms. Reason for the need to create a fee-based system of bond trading; Concerns of dealer...
- Hierarchical constraint satisfaction of multilateral trade matching in commodity auction markets. Ryu, Young U. // Annals of Operations Research;1997, Vol. 71 Issue 1-4, p317
A commodity auction market provides a trading intermediary whose role is to find optimal trade matching between buyers and sellers that satisfies their trading constraints. Some commodity auction markets utilize forms of electronic trading intermediary systems in order to improve the efficiency...
- International News. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr2005, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p17
The article presents several news related to futures market from across the world. The Thailand Futures Exchange (TFEX) was given approval by Thailand's Securities and Exchange Commission to operate as a futures exchange. TFEX is expected to begin operations in the second half of the year with...
- HYBRID TIMETABLE. // Traders Magazine;Nov2005, Vol. 18 Issue 246, p8
Reports on the announcement of bob McSweeney, head of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) regarding its timetable for its transformation into a hybrid marketplace, combining outcry with electronic trading in the U.S. Process of the transition; Introduction of NYSE on the specialist algorithms to...
- Credit Derivatives. Kiff, John; Morrow, Ron // Bank of Canada Review;Autumn2000, p3
Offers information on credit derivatives. Definition of credit derivatives; Types of credit derivatives; Market size and major participants in the credit derivatives market; How credit derivatives are used; Potential risks associated with credit derivatives. INSETS: The Regulatory...
- Credit Concerns Pump Credit Derivatives. Hintze, John // Bank Loan Report;3/12/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p1
Reports that worries about credit quality are prompting increased interest and activity in the credit derivatives market.