PLUNGING INTO CHAOS
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: figs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/26/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 36, p42
Presents several charts depicting investment banking activities in global financial institution groups (FIG). Global FIG underwriting volume; Global volume by product; Recent global equity deals.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: RETAIL. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/26/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 36, p52
Presents several charts depicting investment banking activities in retail trade. Global volume by product; Top U.S. new issues bookrunners; Recent global equity deals.
- Equity market integration in the Asia-Pacific region: A smooth transition analysis. Chelley-Steeley, Patricia // International Review of Financial Analysis;2004, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p621
We use a smooth transition logistic function to test for equity market integration in a sample of Asia-Pacific countries. This allows us to gauge the speed at which a market is becoming integrated. Of the countries we examine we find that Thailand has the fastest pace of global integration. When...
- Mounting Debt Could Mean Opportunities For Some. C. J. C. // Bank Loan Report;8/6/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the impact of the condition of the credit market on investment banks in the U.S. According to a report, there are investment banks that have either lost out on many of the bigger deals or have prudently refrained from making promises they right about now would be...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/1/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 44, p18
Depicts investment banking recent as of December 2003. Global volume by product and global equity deals as of November 26, 2003; Syndicated loans in the United States as of November 26, 2003; Global energy underwriting volume as of November 24, 2003.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/13/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 35, p38
This article presents charts and tables of the market performances of some firms in the U.S. security market.
- Investment Banker Prestige and the Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings. Johnson, James M.; Miller, Robert E. // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Summer88, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p19
This article develops and tests the three main hypotheses explaining why issues underwritten by prestigious investment bankers should exhibit lower initial returns and why this result is not an anomaly. First, the results of five previous studies are replicated, and all find that prestigious...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/14/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 43, p38
The article presents charts and tables depicting investment banking activity and securities trading in the financial sector worldwide as of November 2005. Data for issues and mergers in various sectors including asset management, banks, brokerage, credit institutions, diversified financials and...
- Discount Window Borrowing Down 2.2%. Sloan, Steven // American Banker;5/29/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 102, p16
The author reports that lending through the discount window operated by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board declined the week of May 22, 2009. Several aspects impacted the decreases that were experienced at the discount window during the week including the fact that the investment banks did not...