The same but different? EDI messages for books and serials
- New e-Delivery Channels. // Circulation Management;Oct2006, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p34
The article focuses on the increased interest in several electronic-delivery channels as additional ways to drive site traffic, add value for audience and increase revenue for magazine publishers in the U.S. Blogs or Web logs provide instant online communication for blog publisher and blog...
- Reed Reference Electronic Publishing. // Information Today;Jan1993, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p27
The article focuses on the decision of Reed Reference Publishing to form Reed Reference Electronic Publishing in order to produce electronic products for its affiliated companies, Martindale-Hubbell, Marquis Who's Who, and National Register Publishing. Reed Reference Electronic Publishing will...
- JSTOR Completes Its Arts and Sciences II Collection, Adds 47 New Journal Titles. Shigo, Kimberly // Computers in Libraries;Mar2003, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p54
Announces that JSTOR has competed its Arts and Sciences II collection, a multidisciplinary works of the digitalized archives of journals. Consideration of an array of disciplines including history, economics, science, classics, and archaeology; Release of the journal collections to U.S. high...
- Paperless podiatry service in North London. // Podiatry Now;May2013, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p7
The article reports that the community based podiatry service in Homerton, North London, England is already paperless first by using electronic referrals through the Choose and Book system and second by launching electronic patient records in the service using the RiO system.
- EBSCO Embraces Electronic Dispatch Data Standard. // Information Today;Mar1992, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p30
The article reports that electronic publishing company EBSCO Publishing Inc. is implementing the X12 electronic standard for dispatch data recently approved by the International Committee on Electronic Data Interchange for Serials. Dispatch data received from publishers in electronic format will...
- Smaller players join the pace. // Electrical Wholesaling;Feb98, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p35
Describes the increased participation among distributors in electronic data interchange (EDI), bar coding and Internet commerce. Comments from Central Industrial Supply Co., Inc. vice president Don Stamper and Good Friend Electrical Supplies, Inc. vice president Rich Bolotsky; Problems in bar...
- EDI for all. // Electrical Wholesaling;Feb98, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on the creating an electronic data interchange (EDI) standard on all commercial and industrial markets for distributors, end users, involved in the standardization of computer systems in the product channel. Implementation of a universal standard based on the EDI Pro standard...
- Data dispatch standard moves forward. O'Toole, Patrick // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug97 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p35
Reports on the possibility of the implementation in North America of the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Standard-Protocol for Automated Communications between Private Security and Public Safety. Benefits of EDI over traditional voice communications; Objective of the program.
- Start-up EDI network seen underdog against national clearing house. Marjanovic, Steven // American Banker;2/8/95, Vol. 160 Issue 26, p17
Reports on the financial electronic data interchange (EDI) system, EDI Bank Alliance Network Exchange (Edibanx). Competition with automated clearinghouse networks; Suitability of clearinghouse services for EDI transactions; Advantages over the clearinghouse format.