A journal use study made easier with bar codes: Collecting
- An Investigation of Use of Information Sources by Social Scientists. Kumar, Ajay; Singh, S. N.; Yadav, Akhilesh K. S. // Library Philosophy & Practice;Oct2011, p87
The article presents a study in which researchers aimed to determine the use of information sources by social scientists conducting research at Mizoram University in India in 2011. It focuses on identifying the methods used by researchers to obtain the most recent information in the social...
- Encouraging Critical Thinking in Online Learning. // Distance Education Report;4/1/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the Encouraging Critical Thinking Online, a program created by the Intute organization in Great Britain to promote a careful and critical thinking of the students on the information resources that they would use.
- Open Access, Automation, and the Promise of Simple Complexity. Balogh, Michael P. // LC-GC North America;Jun2009, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p480
The article discusses the complexity of open access and automation in mass spectrometry (MS) for chemists in the U.S. It notes that open access provides processes for chemists to present automated analytical tasks. The views of several people are presented including Jeffrey P. Kiplinger of...
- Los recursos documentales y su aporte a los servicios informativos de televisiÃ³n: el caso de TelevisiÃ³n EspaÃ±ola en Murcia. Artiga, Vivina Asensi; Frutos, Juan Tomás; Pastor, Eva Miñano // Ibersid;2009, p181
Analysis of the functions of the documentation service of TelevisiÃ³n EspaÃ±ola in Murcia, through an analysis of the archive and its contribution to news programmes and a survey on the opinion of the staff of this regional centre. The objectives were three: estimating the added value...
- Assessing the Efficacy of Library Services of District Central Libraries in Tamil Nadu from Users Perception. Thanuskodi, S. // DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology;Nov2012, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p485
Public libraries are essential since they improve literacy, stimulate imagination and expand personal horizons. They also inform and empower citizens, enable access to a common cultural heritage and support education at all levels. Also, a positive relationship is observed between public library...
- AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE TRADITIONAL LITERATURE REVIEW. Marriott, Brian // Canadian Journal of Program Evaluation;Spring2010, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p113
External information is commonly collected for, and provided to, evaluation stakeholders without giving due consideratipn to their precise needs. As a result, evaluation resources are often inefficiently consumed and the impact of the evaluation process is diminished. The External Information...
- Satan, Big Brother and other users of Auto. ID. David, Mark // Automatic I.D. News;Apr96, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
Comments on absurd claims regarding bar coding. Hiding of Satan's number `666' in every bar code; Absence of inherent morality in the use of automated identification; Privacy issues on the coding of people.
- Minding your Ps & Qs. Moore, Bert // Automatic I.D. News;Apr96, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p26
Discusses the characteristics that determine print quality of bar codes. Bar code symbol, data and data format; Human-readable interpretation; Label format.
- The 10 commandments of bar coding. Meyers, Richard B. // Automatic I.D. News;Oct96 Supplement, Vol. 12, p10
Presents tips in the use of bar coding. Density or characters per inch; Wide-to-narrow element ratio; Using carbon-based ink to produce bar code symbols; Considerations for media solution; Verification process; Code height and quiet zones; Numberings schemes; User-friendliness of the system;...