Ohiolink's plans for SICI
- Diversity in the Information Seeking Behaviour of the Virtual Scholar: Institutional Comparisons. Nicholas, David; Huntington, Paul; Jamali, Hamid R. // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Dec2007, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p629
The article evaluates the logs of four universities using the OhioLINK journal system for a period of fifteen months using deep log analysis methods in order to compare and contrast the information seeking behaviour of their users in the U.S. The author discusses the difference between the...
- BIG QUESTIONS AT OHIOLINK. Oder, Norman; Blumenstein, Lynn; Hadro, Josh // Library Journal;3/1/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on the problems with the management, governance and structure of OhioLINK (Ohio Library and Information Network).
- Digital to Automate and Network Ohio Statewide Library System. // Information Today;Nov1991, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p44
The article reports that Digital Equipment Corp. and Innovative Interfaces Inc. will automate and network a consortium of 17 Ohio universities participating in the Ohio Library and Information Network (OhioLINK). OhioLINK is one of the largest statewide library and information networks. The...
- OhioLINK Receives Award. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;10/1/1999, Vol. 124 Issue 16, p29
Reports that OhioLINK, the Ohio Library and Information Network has won the 1999 Council of State Government's Innovations Award for its Electronic Journal Center. Services to the state's higher education community from the Electronic Journal Center.
- OhioLINK Captures National Award. // Information Today;Oct99, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p58
Relates that the Ohio Library and Information Network (OhioLINK) was awarded the 1999 Council of State Governments' Innovations Award for its Electronic Journal Center. The award as one of eight national awards to regions covered by the council; Services offered by OhioLINK.
- Ohio Library and Information Network Celebrates Ten Years. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;5/15/2002, Vol. 127 Issue 9, p27
Reports that the Ohio Library and Information Network, or OhioLINK, a consortium of the Ohio State Library and academic libraries, has been in existence for ten years as of spring 2002. Contents of the central catalog of the consortium; Full-text resources which can be accessed by users; Role...
- OhioLINK To Support PLoS. Albanese, Andrew // Library Journal;7/15/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 12, p18
This is an article that reports on the announcement of a library program to support the Public Library of Science by the Ohio Library and Information Network. The Ohio Library and Information Network (OhioLINK) has announced a program to support the Public Library of Science (PLoS), an open...
- OhioLINK Acquires Full-Text Humanities Databases. // Information Today;Mar1995, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p16
The article reports that OhioLINK, a consortium of 38 state-supported colleges and universities in Ohio, two major private Ohio research universities, and the State Library of Ohio, has acquired two full-text humanities databases from Chadwyck-Healey Inc. The acquisition will provide statewide...
- OhioLINK Adds Public Library. Albanese, Andrew // Library Journal;9/15/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 15, p15
The article reports that OhioLINK has added a public library. Under a pilot program, OhioLINK (Ohio Library and Information Network), a consortium of academic libraries serving more than 600,000 students, faculty, and staff at 85 institutions (including the state library), has added its first...