Academic press-the SICI and DOI: Complementary identifiers
- A second look at computers and the bottom line. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Spring98 Special Report, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p9
Questions whether the use of computers in the publishing industry has affected the bottom lines of companies. Constant request for more updated equipment and software; Contention that one believed the industry would be more profitable because of computers; Comments from Jim deGraffenreid,...
- Computer-to-plate: A fork in the road for publishers. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Spring98 Special Report, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on computer-to-plate technology (CTP) in light of the publishing industry. Ramifications of CTP implementation; Effects on staff size, organizational structure, and equipment ownership.
- Steganography Revisited: Watermarking Comes In from the Cold. Rosenblatt, Bill // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;6/9/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p3
Focuses on the use of watermarking technology in digital rights management. Background on the use of digital watermarking technology in copyright infringement; Techniques in watermarking; Synergy between encryption and watermarking.
- Solutions to database problems. Hochwald, Lambeth // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;1996 Special SourceBook, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p223
Presents solutions to some database problems faced by publishers. Database updating; Use of open systems to facilitate data transfers and data sharing; Value of internal publicity for databases; Efficiency demonstrations; Use of a unifying software.
- Publishers under pressure to become more software savvy. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;9/15/96, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p9
Highlights the pressure felt by publishers to become software competent. Relationship databases; Advertising delivery; Consideration of outsourcing of operations; Dependence on third parties; Development of relationship with software partners.
- Bob says...the many motivations for doing EDI. Boissy, Bob // SISAC News;Winter97/Spring98, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p8
Looks at the importance electronic data interchange (EDI) in libraries and publishing industry. Benefits of using EDI for librarians; Advantages of using EDI for publishers.
- The DOI goes alive. Simmonds, Albert // SISAC News;Winter97/Spring98, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p16
Introduces the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) initiative at the Frankfurt Book Fair on October 15, 1997. Points made at the meeting of the International Panel of International Standard Book Number (ISBN) Agencies; International committee that has been monitoring and advising on the development...
- New roles for output servers. Alexander, George A.; Chiarelli, Beverly // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;11/10/95 Special Issue Report, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p8
Summarizes the discussion at the Seybold San Francisco Conference & Exposition, 1995, on the role of servers in prepress production environments. Three types of servers; Job tracking; Servers of the future; Database-oriented servers.
- Gigabytes to gears. Lamparter, William C. // American Printer;May95, Vol. 215 Issue 2, p38
Looks at the emergence of the computer-integrated manufacturing process in print production. Details on electronic printing operations; Adoption of electronic data interchange; Buyer's access to the seller's finished goods; Innovations from computer-to-plate device suppliers.