New SICI to SISAC bar code transcription algorithm is proposed: Major
- the tiny threat. Danky, James P. // American Libraries;May2006, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p52
The article focuses on the drawbacks of using Flats Identification Code Sort in the preservation of serials. The U.S. Postal Service machines that handle flat pieces were set up to add the strips to items that did not already have publisher-supplied bar codes. They leave residue on the...
- Users and the Library Experience. kaser, dick // Computers in Libraries;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses various reports published within this issue including the one by Donna Ekart on the Quick Response code and the User Experience report on projects according to assessment of user demands.
- Celebrating Innovation. // Information Today;Sep2011, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including one on electronic textbooks (etextbooks), another on high-technology classrooms, and a profile of Swets North America president Jose Luis Andrade.
- Solutions and Services. // American Libraries;May/Jun2011, Vol. 42 Issue 5/6, p84
The article reviews several products and services of interest to librarians including the Kodak Picture Saver Scanning System PS450 from Kodak, the Numa NU-2111ZB Wireless Barcode Scanner Kit from Barcode Spot, and a dictionary feature in the PsychARTICLES database from the American...
- PRODUCT NEWS. // Information Today;Apr2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p30
This section offers U.S. information industry product news briefs as of April 2011. Wiley-Blackwell added 42 titles to its journals program including 35 journals to be published in collaboration with professional organizations like the Society of Chemical Industry. Safari Books Online introduced...
- Satan, Big Brother and other users of Auto. ID. David, Mark // Automatic I.D. News;Apr96, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
Comments on absurd claims regarding bar coding. Hiding of Satan's number `666' in every bar code; Absence of inherent morality in the use of automated identification; Privacy issues on the coding of people.
- Minding your Ps & Qs. Moore, Bert // Automatic I.D. News;Apr96, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p26
Discusses the characteristics that determine print quality of bar codes. Bar code symbol, data and data format; Human-readable interpretation; Label format.
- The 10 commandments of bar coding. Meyers, Richard B. // Automatic I.D. News;Oct96 Supplement, Vol. 12, p10
Presents tips in the use of bar coding. Density or characters per inch; Wide-to-narrow element ratio; Using carbon-based ink to produce bar code symbols; Considerations for media solution; Verification process; Code height and quiet zones; Numberings schemes; User-friendliness of the system;...
- Manufacturers must take lead in encouraging bar coding use. Hilfinger, Jim // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/6/93, Vol. 190 Issue 14, p10
Discusses the necessity of bar code usage by manufacturers for remaining competitive in the hvacr wholesaling business. Stalemate between manufacturers and distributors; Debate on who should make the first move; Reasons for bar coding; Registration with Industry Bar Cod Alliance; Initiation fee.