NISO Committee for non-serial identifiers holds meeting
- 6th annual NASIG Conference. Hepfer, Cindy // Serials Review;Spring/Summer92, Vol. 18 Issue 1/2, p139
Reports on the highlights of the sixth annual conference of the serials organization NASIG at the Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas on June 14-17, 1991. Participation of Timothy King, Ann B. Piternick, Charles W. Bailey, Francis Narin, Edward Kasinec and other professors and executives;...
- Serials spoken here: Reports on conferences, institutes and seminars. Davis, Susan; Clark, Cynthia; Jones, Darcy L.; Hackenberg, Jill; Griffin, Linda Smith; Dugger, Linda; Roth, Alison C. // Serials Review;Fall97, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p72
Highlights key issues concerning the state of serial publications addressed at various 1997 meetings in the United States. Includes the ALCTS Heads of Technical Services of Medium-Sized Academic Libraries Discussion Group's midwinter meeting; North American Serials Conference; Special Libraries...
- Report of the SISAC General Meeting, ALA Annual Conference, San Francisco... Weston, Beth // SISAC News;Winter97/Spring98, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p9
Deals with the 1997 general meeting of Serials Industry Systems Advisory Committee (SISAC). Comment on the aspects of identifiers; Digital Object Identifier (DOI) project of the Association of American Publishers; SISAC Business Meeting.
- NASIG notes. Foster, Connie // SISAC News;Winter97/Spring98, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p27
Informs about the 1997 conference of NASIG at the University of Michigan. Theme of the 1998 NASIG's conference; Scholarships for students exhibiting excellence and accomplishments in a serials career; NASIG's Web site.
- Serials spoken here: Reports on conferences, institutes and seminars. Davis, Susan; Bustion, Marifran; Tian, Jie; Bluh, Pamela; Kirkland, Kenneth // Serials Review;1998, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p111
Reports on various seminars and conferences about serials acquisition in academic libraries. Potomac Technical Processing Librarian Conference; Society for Scholarly Publishing Seminar on the Digital Delivery of Scientific Information to Libraries; Focus group section about the future of...
- 20TH ANNUAL CHARLESTON CONFERENCE, ISSUES IN BOOK AND SERIAL ACQUISITION: IS BIGGER BETTER? Davis, Susan; Stevens, Lynne // Serials Review;2001, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p81
Focuses on the discussion of issues in book and serial publications in the 20th Annual Charleston Conference. Changes on acquisitions work and method of acquisition; Usage on the concept of size for perspectives and choices to library acquisitions; Citation of comments on the issues tackled.
- CHARLESTON PREVIEW. Schwartz, Meredith // Library Journal;10/1/2016, Vol. 141 Issue 16, p18
The article previews the Charleston Conference: Issues in Book and Serial Acquisition librarianship event which is scheduled to be held at the Francis Marion Hotel in Charleston, South Carolina on October 31-November 5, 2016, and it mentions scholarships and various presentations.
- Editorial. // Serials;Nov2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p157
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including papers relating to usage presented at the UK Serials Group (UKSG) seminar "Measure for Measure," articles on access to research, and an article about online social networking by Charlie Rapple.
- Introduction. // Future of Serials: Proceedings of the North American Serials Int;1991, Vol. 19 Issue 3/4, p1
The article offers information on the Fifth Annual Conference of the North American Serials Interest Group that was held at Brock University, St. Catherines, Ontario, Canada from June 2-5, 1990. The themes discussed during the conference were diminishing budgets, fluctuating currencies,...