Bob says...the many motivations for doing EDI
- Perception versus Reality: Electronic Data Interchange in the Law Library Environment. Bluh, Pamela // Law Library Journal;Spring2001, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p269
Ms. Bluh provides an overview of electronic data interchange (EDI) and explores why, despite its apparent advantages, the library community has been slow to utilize it. She also describes the pros and cons of EDI within the law library environment.
- Electronic commerce: Important developments for the future. Harter, Greg // Business Credit;Jan1994, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p48
Reports on developments on electronic data interchange (EDI) that influence treasury and credit management (CM) functions. United Nations EDI for Administration, Commerce and Transport (UN/EDIFACT); Annual Electronic Data Interchange Association (EDIA) Users Conference; World symposium on trade...
- The impact of EDI on credit and sales. Hill, Ned C.; Swenson, Michael J. // Business Credit;Jan1995, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on the use of electronic data interchange (EDI) in credit and sales management in the United States. Description of EDI; EDI impacts on working capital areas; Information exchanges; Benefits; Sales information; Error resolution; Potential problems with EDI.
- Railroads take `paperless' route with new EDI network. Saccomano, Ann // Traffic World;8/14/95, Vol. 243 Issue 7, p45
Reports on the launching of the Rate EDI Network by the rail industry in the United States. Experimentation with electronic price sharing; Eventual replacement of the industry's reliance on facsimile machines, electronic mails and telephone calls for joint line pricing with electronic data...
- Understanding EDI. Zuckerman, Amy // Traffic World;05/12/97, Vol. 250 Issue 6, p28
Discusses various aspects of electronic data interchange (EDI) and how it affects the transport and logistics business. Emergence of EDI from telex technology of the 1940s; Comparison with the Internet and other forms of online communications; Advantages and drawbacks to use of the EDI. INSET:...
- EDI is coming soon to a PC near you. Van Kirk, Doug // InfoWorld;8/16/93, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p51
Highlights the advantages of personal computer-based electronic data interchange (EDI), a standardized, platform-independent way for corporations to exchange business documents and forms. Savings derived by corporation from data entry staff reductions; Less expensive than mainframe- or...
- Getting the word out on EDI. // Materials Management in Health Care;Oct95, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p76
Presents the results of a survey of hospitals regarding their use of electronic data interchange (EDI) for their data processing needs. Procurement transactions being done with the use of EDI; Contract administration transactions using EDI.
- Building Electronic Ties That Bind. Ostermiller, Marilyn // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Sep98, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p87
Focuses on the use of electronic data interchange (EDI) in the insurance industry. Anticipated benefits of EDI; How the EDI works; Cost per company to establish EDI.
- EDI now free for booksellers. Livingston, Gillian // Quill & Quire;Aug98, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on the importance of electronic data interchange (EDI) in the bookselling and publishing industry. Estimation of the service pay for an EDI mailbox; Automation of the ordering process; Use of technology for booksellers.