Alternate X12 810 version approved by SISAC
- Mathematics of seriality and the USIN project. Cameron, Robert D. // SISAC News;Summer/Fall98, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p13
Answers queries relevant to the presence of mathematics of seriality in serial publication. Plan to develop mathematical techniques for serials cataloging practice; Possible effects of the mathematical techniques' deployment to serial systems; Analysis of the Universal Serial Item Names (USIN)...
- A national pattern database: A view from a subscription agency. Vanderpoorten, Mary Beth; Clack, Mary Elizabeth // Serials Review;Fall91, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p72
Describes a subscription agency's position in the development of a national serials publication pattern database. Progress in the sharing of bibliographic data; Impact of automated serials control systems; Roles of a subscription agency in the development of a pattern database.
- MIT Libraries, Geac, and Faxon link for serials records access. // Library Journal;12/1/1984, Vol. 109 Issue 20, p2210
Reports on the offering of a serials link access and control service by MIT Libraries, Geac Computer Corp. and F.W. Faxon Co.
- Tools of the serials trade. Malinowski, Teresa; McKee, Anne; Holland, Jeffrey; Snyder, Ann; Thorne, Kathleen; Zuriff, Sue // Serials Review;1998, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p135
Features books on serials collection development and management. Includes `Advances in Serials Management, Vol. 6, 1997,' edited by Cindy Hepfer, Teresa Malinowski, and Julia Gammon; `Notes for Serials Cataloging, 2nd Edition,' revised and edited by Beverly Geer and Beatrice L. Caraway; `The...
- STAFF PERFORMANCE GOALS: WHAT GETS MEASURED, GETS DONE. Cochenour, Donnice // Serials Review;2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the efforts of serial publications companies to measure staff performance, particularly regarding check-in rates for serials. Establishment of performance goals; Importance of performance evaluations, requiring even greater consistency and fairness, and measurable goals; Basis of...
- Serials Preservation at a Crossroads. Bogdanski, Elizabeth L. // Serials Review;2006, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p70
Abstract: Libraries face a crossroads when contemplating serials preservation issues. This paper will discuss the ideas presented during â€œSerials Preservation: at a Crossroads,â€ a one-day meeting held in March 2005, and sponsored by the North American Serials Interest Group. Binding,...
- Subscriptions In/Subscriptions Out: Serials Management with Microcomputers. Meneely, Kathleen // Future of Serials: Proceedings of the North American Serials Int;1991, Vol. 19 Issue 3/4, p191
The article discusses a workshop about the two applications for the use of microcomputers in serials management. The primary reasons for the development of the databases at Georgia State University, according to head of collection development William Meneely are determining the amount spent in a...
- Subscription. // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;May2012, Vol. 14 Issue 5, pNP
No abstract available.
- Bang for the Buck in Auto Renewals. Joukhadar, Kristina // Circulation Management;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p12
Presents information on the results of a 2005 Automatic Renewals SPARKreport survey showing the achievement of success from a continuous service offer through enrollment at acquisition. Target of offers towards the phase of the customer lifetime; Enrollment of customers at conversion or...