SHIRLEY S. ABRAHAMSON: AN EXEMPLAR OF THE AMERICAN LAW INSTITUTE
- WITH COURAGE AND PASSION: THE INSPIRED LEADERSHIP OF CHIEF JUSTICE SHIRLEY S. ABRAHAMSON. Bradley, Ann Walsh // Albany Law Review;2004, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p641
Profiles chief justice Shirley S. Abrahamson. Leadership she demonstrates as a chief justice; Recognition received by Abrahamson; Her commitment to outreach.
- A DEDICATION TO SHIRLEY S. ABRAHAMSON. George, Ronald M. // Albany Law Review;2004, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p647
Focuses on the election of Chief Justice Shirley S. Abrahamson of Wisconsin as President of the Conference of Chief Justices and Chair of the Board of Directors of the National Center for State Courts. Reason for her election; Advocacy of Abrahamson in volunteerism; Her effort in providing...
- The basis of medical savings accounts. Bunce, Victoria Craig // Association Management;Feb98, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p85
Looks at how management and employees of associations in the United States can benefit from tax-favored savings for medical expenditures, and refers to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. Benefits of the act; Details on the subject. INSETS: The Federal MSA...
- Defense Bar Organizations Work Together. Cleveland III, William C. // Defense Counsel Journal;Jul2002, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p257
Deals with the efforts of defense bar organizations to restore a balanced and fair civil justice system in the U.S. Association of Trial Lawyers of America; Association of Defense Trial Attorneys; Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel.
- You and the Law. Brown, Duane // Association Management;Jan2001, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p133
Discusses the legal roles, duties and liabilities of association board members in the United States. Importance for board members to understand federal and local regulations; Powers and duties of directors; Duty of care; Duty to avoid conflicts of interest.
- Spring Checkup on Labor Arbitration Procedure. Coulson, Robert // Labor Law Journal;May65, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p259
This article describes probes into the American Arbitration Association's (AAA) administrative procedures involved in the labor arbitration process. The authors examined 20 discharge cases selected at random from cases filed in January 1964, in the various regional offices of the AAA. It should...
- Drop That Lasagna! This Is a Raid! // Fast Company;Dec2003, Issue 77, p53
The article presents several hypothetical lawsuits similar to the suits filed by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) against individuals who it claimed had illegally shared electronic music files. Following precedent set by the RIAA, Scribner, an imprint of Simon & Schuster...
- ON UNIFORMITY. Stein, Robert A. // ABA Journal;Jul2002, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p69
Reports on the efforts of the American Bar Association to achieve uniformity of state laws in the U.S. as of July 2002. Origin of the organization National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws (NCCUSL); Accomplishments of the NCCUSL; Effect of the Uniform Commercial Code on commerce.
- B.O.B. Business Opportunities Barometer. // Commercial Law Bulletin;May/Jun99, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p24
Offers news briefs related to the activities of the Commercial Law League of America (CLLA), as of May 1, 1999. Success of the CLLA's Afternoon to Build Connections in April 1999, which included nearly 100 business prospects; The league's first Annual Winter Conference, which is scheduled for...