A DEDICATION TO SHIRLEY S. ABRAHAMSON
- WITH COURAGE AND PASSION: THE INSPIRED LEADERSHIP OF CHIEF JUSTICE SHIRLEY S. ABRAHAMSON. Bradley, Ann Walsh // Albany Law Review;2004, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p641
Profiles chief justice Shirley S. Abrahamson. Leadership she demonstrates as a chief justice; Recognition received by Abrahamson; Her commitment to outreach.
- SHIRLEY S. ABRAHAMSON: AN EXEMPLAR OF THE AMERICAN LAW INSTITUTE. Perkins, Roswell B.; Traynor, Michael // Albany Law Review;2004, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p651
Highlights the achievements of Chief Justice Shirley S. Abrahamson. Educational and career background; Role in the American Law Institute (ALI); Her analysis of the ALI, its procedures and its products.
- MODERATOR'S INTRODUCTION. Bonventre, Vincent // Albany Law Review;2011, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p1561
The article presents speech by Vincent Bonventre, a faculty advisor of the Albany Law Review delivered at the Fifth Annual Chief Judge Lawrence H. Cooke State Constitutional Symposium on Great Women, Great Chiefs hosted by Albany Law Review's annual issue of State Constitutional Commentary in...
- Woman Heads State High Court. Fleener, Marilyn // Advocate;6/1/77, Issue 216, p11
Reports on appointment of Judge Rose Elizabeth Bird as California's Supreme Court Chief Justice. Appreciation of Bird's selection for chief justice in state high court; Career background of Bird; Argument over confirmation of Bird for post; Previous positions and job responsibilities of Bird.
- THE DEDICATION OF ECKSTEIN HALL. // Marquette Law Review;Fall2010, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p451
The article offers information on the dedication of the Ray and Kay Eckstein Hall on September 8, 2010 by the Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It says that around 1,600 individuals attended the dedication which was presided by Joseph D. Kearney, dean of Marquette University. It also...
- Hon. Nancy B. Firestone U.S. Court of Federal Claims. Hooks, Christine S. // Federal Lawyer;Jun2011, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p44
The article profiles Honorable Nancy B. Firestone, a judge of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims. It states that Firestone pursued a career in law at the University of Missouri at Kansas City wherein she graduated in 1977. It highlights the experience of Firestone as an intern at the Kansas City...
- A PERSPECTIVE ON STATE COURTS TODAY. Kaye, Judith S. // Albany Law Review;2011/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p1747
In this article, the author presents his views on the state of state courts. According to him, the state of state courts regrettably has become a more irritating subject as the economic crisis has hit hard throughout society. The topics including judicial retention election, women chief justices...
- Civil libertarians turn to states for relief. // American Bar Association Journal;May77, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p611
Reports on civil libertarians and defense counsel's renewed interest on state courts in the United States. Discussion of the issue during a National Institute on Exclusionary Rules in Criminal Practice, cosponsored by the American Bar Association's sections of Criminal Justice and Individual...
- Class actions set for federal court move. Malkin, Brendan // Lawyer;9/22/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the United States Judicial Committee's consideration of the proposal to hold class action lawsuits in federal rather than state courts.