Good Troubleshooting Starts with Verification
- Cool at the YMCA. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Jan2012, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p18
The article discusses how Comfort Service Inc. and its owner Blaine Aldrich dealt with the YMCA renovation and expansion project in Deland, Florida. It states that Aldrich has engaged contractors in civic clubs whose members are prospective customers and business people. It says that the...
- No empty Shell. // International Construction;May2000, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p39
Focuses on the Shell Mex House redevelopment project of contractor Structuretone in London, England. Challenge for Structuretone; Description of the building; Use of three access hoists from Steinweg by the contractor; Factors to be considered in the building reconstruction.
- Working With a Contractor. Medford, Sarah; Freund, Anthony Barzilay // Town & Country;Oct2000, Vol. 154 Issue 5245, p229
Offers guidelines on working with a contractor of a renovation project.
- Experimental study on energy saving between heat pump unit of heat recovery fresh air and heat pipe heat pump low temperature heat recovery unit in the cold and severe cold regions. Yang Li; Xiu Juan Liang // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 535, p37
In the cold and severe cold regions of our country, the average temperature in winter outdoor usually below -20Â°C. Air conditioning units was limited and damaged when it running under such conditions. In order to solve the the problems pointed out previously, the paper put forward solutions...
- Debate set to heat up over renewables incentives. Biaz, Marc // Heating & Ventilating Review;Apr2012, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p38
The article presents information on the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) and the resulting opportunities for heat pump contractors. The RHI provides long-term tariff support to big heat users in the commercial, industrial, and public sectors. The author said that air-to-water heat pumps which are...
- Zero carbon priority dictates heat pump fitting. // Heating & Ventilating Review;May2012, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p33
The article offers information on Dimplex SI50 TE ground source heat pumps for a low carbon heating solution from Econic.
- Therma V -- unlike any other. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Jul2014, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p25
The article offers information on LG's Therma V Monobloc air-to-water heat pump range for the new-build and refurbishment sectors.
- Obstacles with remodeling restaurants lie in the process, not with contractors. Colgan, Rob // Nation's Restaurant News;03/06/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p34
Expresses disagreement with an article by `Nation's Restaurant News' columnist Foster Frable, which pointed to unscrupulous electrical contractors as the primary cause of restaurant remodeling delays and other problems. Frable's assertion that contractors intentionally `low ball' a bid so that...
- New Fix For Old Plants. Angelo, William J. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/14/2003, Vol. 251 Issue 2, p38
Contractors taking on the reconstruction of Iraq will step into a world of unknowns as they start rebuilding the land's dilapidated, damaged and poorly documented infrastructure. Laser scanning can quickly and accurately capture the geometry of existing structures. While Iraq reconstruction may...