Nose woes from unbalanced air flows
- tool tips. // Plumbing & Mechanical;Feb2011, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p48
The article presents tips and suggestions on plumbing from the periodical's readers. A reader describes his experience of removing water from work area by constructing a pump rig by using a water heater pump and washing machine hose. Another reader suggests that one can repair a lavatory pop-up...
- Ceramic tile maintenance. Henkenius, Merle // Popular Mechanics;Mar93, Vol. 170 Issue 3, p63
Considers how a few simple steps can keep ceramic tile looking great. Assessing the damage; Replacing damaged grout; Preparing the tile; Caulk and sealant.
- Easy steps to a sparkling bath. // Better Homes & Gardens;Jul93, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p186
Offers cleanup tips for ceramic tiles, plastic curtains, and fiberglass tub-shower units.
- Luxury bath products. Carini, Tony // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Aug98, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p46
Provides advice to plumbing professionals on replacing fixtures and renovating bathrooms. Involving customers in the renovation process; Importance of knowing latest products and trends; Planning ahead for problems or the need for special tools.
- If you can't stand the heat…. Bristow, Kevin // Heating & Ventilating Review;Jul2011, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p28
This article discusses the application of filtration systems to prevent nuisance odors, grease, fat and other contaminants exhausted from commercial kitchens into the environment. It warns about the disadvantages of using carbon filters, including an adverse effect on back pressure and fan...
- ask an expert. Hillier, Rose-Marie // Australian House & Garden;Jun2015, p189
The article presents an answer to a question about the renovation of a small bathroom.
- Bowls of plenty. // Crain's New York Business;7/23/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p0014
The article reports on the statement from Michele Boddewyn, president of Alan Gaynor & Co. regarding the bathroom improvements of tenants in terms of aesthethics rather than ecological friendliness.
- Lake Escape. Hutchins, Shelley D. // Custom Home;Spring2014, p5
The article offers master bathroom and closet renovation by interior designer Robin Colton.
- White Tile Trimmed in Douglas Fir. Poore, Patricia // Old House Journal;Feb2017, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p74
The article focuses on the remodeling of a bathroom of the Spanish era bungalow located in Santa Barbara, California, by using white tiles, white fixtures, and white marbles.