Consider O&M Costs When Selecting Flushing Technology
- Clarification. // American School & University;Apr2008, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p4
A correction to the article "Frugal Flow," that was published in the March 2008 issue is presented.
- SOUND CONDITION. Kenter, Peter // Municipal Sewer & Water;Oct2015, p26
The article focuses on the how Owen Sound, Ontario deals with water main breaks, which include in-house audit, installation of the appropriate and efficient sewer, and employing in-house expertise. INSET: HISTORIC SHIPWRECKS FAIL TO SCUTTLE OUTFALL PIPE C.
- Don't rush it to flush it! Deas, Gerald W. // New York Amsterdam News;5/13/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 20, p30
The author suggests the importance of not flushing the toilet after a bowel movement while sitting to prevent bacterial contamination.
- FEEDBACK. Badruddin, Ahmed; Arhontes, Nick J.; Lompart, Jessica; Wallace, Bobbi; Merk, Ron; Carr, D. E. // Water Canada;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the previous issues including "The Toilet Toll," "Victoria Wastewater Treatment Project Moving Forward," and "Top Ontario Plant at Centre of Local Controversy."
- Evaluation of loose deposits in distribution systems through: unidirectional flushing. Carrière, Annie; Gauthier, Vincent; Desjardins, Raymond; Barbeau, Benoit // Journal: American Water Works Association;Sep2005, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p82
The objective of this project was to evaluate the extent of loose deposit accumulation in distribution systems in three Canadian cities to determine optimal flushing frequency. Unidirectional flushing was used to remove the deposits. The results obtained were found to be highly system-dependant....
- Treatment of used ablution water from IIUM masjid for reuse. Al Mamun, Abdullah; Muyibi, Suleyman A.; Bt. Abdul Razak, Nur Asilah // Advances in Environmental Biology;Special2014, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p558
Muslims have to conduct ablution before most of the religious rituals. This study was conducted at the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) Masjid at Gombak Campus, which can accommodate about 9000 people during the special prayer times such as Jumma and Eid. The amount of water used...
- Transforming Flush Valve Technology. Baldwin, Gunnar // Buildings;Jan2007, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p30
The article describes the changes in the flush valve technology. Both fitting and fixture manufacturers should agree that a specified combination will perform properly at all anticipated building pressures before their selection. Manual flush valves are soon replaced with sensor-operated valves...
- THIS WEEK 6 YEARS AGO. // New Scientist;6/10/2006, Vol. 190 Issue 2555, p21
The article reports that fears about a new super-strong toilet tissue that might clog up Great Britain's sewage system have been averted thanks to the swift introduction of a "flushability" test for such products. The crisis was sparked by Procter & Gamble Co. of Newcastle, England, which in...
- Break in water main repaired. Campbell, Kristen // Hub (Hay River, NT);6/6/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 15, p12
The article discusses a break in the water main at the south end of the West Channel Bridge due to which water services of Vale Island, Northwest Territories were turned off on May 29, 2012 for two and a half hours.