New Vacuum Streamlines Cleaning of Dallas Complex's Cooling Towers
- Wet and dry vacuum. // Modern Machine Shop;Dec94, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p223
Introduces Goodway Technologies Corp.'s GTC-530 wet and dry vacuum. Use of the vacuum for all plant maintenance operations; Collection of wet and dry debris; Specifications; Features.
- Ultra-Efficient ULPA Filtration. // Chem.info;Oct2009, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p17
The article evaluates the VAC-CRV dry cleanroom vacuum with ultra low particulate air (ULPA) filtration from Goodway Technologies Corp.
- The tower has power. Burger, Robert // Engineered Systems;Aug97, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p78
Investigates basic cooling tower technology, compares state-of-the-art retrofits and upgrades to optimize different types of cooling towers. Design conditions of cooling towers; Reasons for deficiency of cooling towers; Three elements for upgrading strategies;0 Effects of colder water; Benefits...
- Industrial contractors consider retrofit of cooling towers during budget crunches. Skaer, Mark // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/27/93, Vol. 190 Issue 4, p36
Discusses the commercial-industrial contractors' use of system retrofit to repair buildings' cooling towers. Wemhaner's retrofitting of Phoenix, Arizona's Palomar Medical Center's cooling tower into fuel-efficient and environmentally friendly system; Energy Systems Services' installation of PVC...
- Shaft load. // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Dec96, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p19
Responds to inquiries concerning changing a drive side pillow block bearing on an Evapco cooling tower with a 45-degree mounting. Adjustment of the bearings' position to allow the same distance between the shaft center line and side fan panel; Tightening of the bearing cap bolts to 50-inch pounds.
- SpecCheck/VACUUMS. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Nov2009, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p18
The article evaluates several vacuum cleaners including VAC-CRV from Goodway Technologies Corp, Backpack HEPA 10 Q from Rubbermaid Inc, and Nortech 30 Gallon from Nortech Vacuum Products company.
- Routine Maintenance, Cleaning Key to Eliminating Deadly Bacteria. Martin, Melissa // Occupational Hazards;May2001, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p31
Focuses on the cleaning and maintenance of cooling towers to eliminate potentially deadly bacteria, including Legionella. Risk of exposure from Legionella in cooling towers; Treatment of towers with chemicals to control the bacteria; Employment of start-up/shutdown procedures; Use of personal...
- Cleaning Equipment and Chemicals. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Sep2006, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p14
The article evaluates several cleaning equipment and chemicals including the hand cleaner, ES59, from Enviro-Solutions, DV-SV Stationary Dry Continuous Duty Vacuum from Goodway Technologies Corp., and the vacuum cleaner, SL Vac, from Nilfisk-Advance America.
- INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jun2014, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p68
The article offers brief information on several heating, piping and air conditioning equipments including ecocirc XL circulator from Xylem Bell & Gossett Co., Endura condensing hydronic boiler from Fulton Cos. and the cooling-tower vacuum from Goodway Technologies Corp.