Duct-System Leakage: How Much Is Too Much?
- Designing wing airfoils with active flow controls. Gaifutdinov, R.; Il’inskii, N. // Fluid Dynamics;Jul2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p547
A method of designing wing airfoils in separationless flow with suction of a portion of the external flow and reactive jet injection from the rear of the body (the total pressure and the density in the jet are different from those in the freestream) within the framework of the ideal...
- Numerical studies of thermal convection with temperatureand pressure-dependent viscosity at extreme viscosity contrasts. Khaleque, Tania S.; Fowler, A. C.; Howell, P. D.; Vynnycky, M. // Physics of Fluids;2015, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p1
Motivated by convection of planetary mantles, we consider a mathematical model for Rayleigh-BÃ©nard convection in a basally heated layer of a fluid whose viscosity depends strongly on temperature and pressure, defined in an Arrhenius form. The model is solved numerically for extremely large...
- Demand drops for non-standard ductwork. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;May2010, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that sales of non-standard size circular ducts have declined in conjunction with a campaign for spiral duct standardization launched by the Association of Ductwork Contractors & Allied Services (ADCAS).
- ADCAS seeks stronger voice through NSCC membership. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Sep2010, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the decision of the Association of Ductwork Contractors and Allied Services (ADCAS) to join the National Specialist Contractors Council (NSCC) to provide stronger representation to the ductwork industry in Great Britain in 2010.
- NADCA given award. // Snips;Jan2015, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p32
The article announces that the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) was given a Red Chair Award by the NADCA management company Association Headquarters Inc. for growing membership, meeting attendance, rising revenue, and growing its public presence as of January 2015.
- Experimental investigation on tilt stabilizing effect of external toroidal field in low aspect... Morita, A.; Ono, Y.; Katsurai, M.; Yamada, M.; Yoshikawa, S. // Physics of Plasmas;Feb97, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p315
Describes experimental investigations on the equilibrium and global stability of low aspect ratio tokamaks with different aspect ratios. Use of the pinch spheromak formation technique; Investigation of the plasma stability; Measurement of the ratio critical current to plasma current; Decrease...
- High beta produced by neutral beam injection in the START (Small Tight Aspect Ratio Tokamak)... Sykes, Alan; Haye, R.J. La // Physics of Plasmas;May97, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p1665
Discuses the results of high-power auxiliary heating experiments in a tight aspect ratio that were performed on the Small Tight Aspect Ratio Tokamak device at Culhma Laboratory. Combination of higher density operation and effective heating of both ions and electrons; Achievement of high beta...
- Turbulent flow through a plane sudden expansion of modest aspect ratio. Escudier, M. P.; Oliveira, P. J.; Poole, R. J. // Physics of Fluids;Oct2002, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p3641
The results are reported of an experimental investigation of turbulent flow through a plane sudden expansion of expansion ratio R=D/d=4 and aspect ratio A=w/h=5.33. It is well known that plane sudden expansions of high aspect ratio (A > 10) with R greater than 1.5 produce asymmetric flows and...
- The Building Side of the Duct System. Richardson, David // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/9/2014, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p12
The article looks at the use of the "Building Side of the Duct System" concept by heating and ventilation (HVAC) professionals. It explores the role of the building in relation to a forced-air HVAC system as well as discusses the two sides of the duct system, the traditional side and the...