Federal court officer voids Teamsters President Ron Carey's
- Still DQ'd. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;01/12/98, Vol. 253 Issue 2, p42
Reports that United States District Judge David N. Edelstein has rebuffed Ron Carey in his attempt to regain the Teamsters presidency. Circumstances surrounding the decision made by Edelstein; Background information on Carey; Career information on Carey.
- Is the cleanup man still clean? Cohen, Warren; Mallory, Maria // U.S. News & World Report;06/23/97, Vol. 122 Issue 24, p43
Discusses the significance of two separate investigations of Ron Carey, the president of the Teamsters. Carey's reform efforts to root out corruption throughout the unions.
- Will scandal set back Teamsters reforms? Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;11/19/97, Vol. 89 Issue 248, p3
States that members of the Teamsters union are concerned that the reforms which had been occurring will stop after elections in 1998. Disqualification of current president Ron Carey from running for reelection in November of 1997 because of illegal campaign fundraising; Why reformers do not...
- Local attorney spurs probe of top Teamster. Halliday, Jean // Crain's Detroit Business;7/4/94, Vol. 10 Issue 27, p1
Reports that lawyer George Keller provided the impetus for an internal review of the US Justice Department's handling of an investigation into International Brotherhood Teamster President Ron Carey's alleged ties to organized crime. Facts and issues on the allegations against Carey.
- Go home, Mr. Carey. Rast, Bob // Traffic World;11/24/97, Vol. 252 Issue 8, p4
Editorial. Comments on former US Federal Judge Kenneth Conboy's decision disqualifying International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) President Ron Carey from seeking reelection as IBT president for illegal campaign funds use during the IBT's 1996 presidential elections. Case background; Carey's...
- Carey down, uncertainty up. Barnes, David; Schulz, John // Traffic World;11/24/97, Vol. 252 Issue 8, p7
Reports on International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) President Ron Carey's disqualification from reelection for alleged campaign funds abuses during the IBT's 1996 presidential elections. Case background; Details of former US Federal Judge Kenneth Conboy's investigation results; Impact on...
- `Enough is enough'. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;10/07/96, Vol. 248 Issue 1, p19
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Teamster union president, Ron Carey against James Hoffa and three associates accusing them of libel and seeking $20 million in compensation. Publication of malicious statements against Carey; Criticism of efforts to clean up the Teamsters; Promise on donation of...
- Hoffa gets closer. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;06/29/98, Vol. 254 Issue 13, p15
Reports on the decision of Judge David N. Edelstein of federal district court in Manhattan, New York to give James P. Hoffa the approval to run for the Teamsters' presidency. Amount fined by Edelstein to Hoffa regarding the campaign received from RL Communications; Information on the illegal...
- Clinton's labor pains. Cooper, Matthew // Newsweek;9/29/1997, Vol. 130 Issue 13, p48
Discusses the scandal surrounding the election of Ron Carey as president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. Invalidation of the election by a federal monitor; Possibility that the scandal may engulf other unions, including the AFL-CIO; Focus on Carey's re-election campaign in 1996;...