- Sub Marines. Berry, Robert // Marines;Oct94, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the special training exercises participated by the US Marines Corps and the Navy in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. Deployment of a company size landing force from the deck of a submarine; Difficulty in launching from the submarine's deck.
- Freedom Banner 95. Hawk, Jeff; Swenson, Brandon J. // Marines;Oct95, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p13
Features highlights during the Exercise Freedom Banner 95 participated by members of the US Navy and Marine Corps Team in Pohang, Korea. Mine blowing; Battle tanks; Drinking water system; Amphibious assault vehicles.
- Navy Extends Deadline for NGEN Recompete RFI. // Defense Daily;10/20/2015, Vol. 268 Issue 14, p2
The article reports that according to a Naval Enterprise Networks (NEN) program management office, the original deadline to submit responses to a request for information (RFI) for the Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN), which was October 19, 2015, has been extended to October 23, 2015.
- People `bottom line' in DoN statement. // Marines;Apr94, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the right-sizing of the US Navy and US Marine Corps. Reduction of the Navy manpower; Development of a plan for right-sized Navy-Marine Corps; Application of disciplined business principles and techniques in downsizing restructured service; Enhancing efficiency, consolidation, joint...
- Marines. Millett, Allan R. // Reader's Companion to Military History;1996, p285
Marines, or soldiers of the sea, first appeared in the navies of ancient Greece and Rome. These fighting men launched rocks, flaming missiles, arrows, and spears at opposing galleys while the sailors powered the ship. In the English service, the marines were split into the Royal Marine Light...
- U.S. Marine Corps in Review. Berry Jr., John C. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;May2011, Vol. 137 Issue 5, p84
The article offers information on the expeditionary activities of the U.S. Marine Corps. It discusses several military operations undertaken by the U.S. Marine Corps including stabilization of Al Anbar province in Iraq, actualizing the new campaign design for Afghanistan, and applying amphibious...
- THE MAKING OF A MARINE. Dalbey, Diane // Saturday Evening Post;Jul/Aug1982, Vol. 254 Issue 5, p76
Focuses on the training of recruits for the U.S. Marine. Duty of a drill instructor (DI); Tests undergone by the recruits; Issue on the public image of the Marines and the DI.
- If your dad or mom's a war vet, talk to them now. Smith, Terry // Athens News;11/12/2012, p6
The author discusses the experience of his father during the World War II, who served at the U.S. Marine Corp air transport squadron, and emphasis on gathering the memories and experience of the war by the young people, whose father served during the war.
- The Hero Figure. Wolff, Jennifer // Best Life;Jun2007, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p122
The author discusses concerns regarding the effect of his scars, which were caused by an explosion while working as a member of the U.S. Marine Corps in Iraq, on his daughter when she grows up. His younger siblings did not mind his appearance. He says that his worst fear for her as she grows up...