Volunteers Seek New Naval Academy Sailing Program Role
- Town's Facilities Shine Through the Midwest. Avrasin, Maya; Roberts, Rachel // Parks & Recreation;Jul2004, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p67
Provides information on recreation areas in North Platte, Nebraska. Recreational budget; Description of the North Platte Recreation Complex; Promotion of aquatic sports; Facts about the Retired and Senior Volunteer program.
- The motivation of volunteers. Hall, Janelyn; Innes, Peter // Australian Journal on Volunteering;2008, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p17
The article explores the factors that drive motivation among volunteers in Australian Surf Lifesaving. A definition of volunteer was provided by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), referring to someone who willing gave unpaid help in the form of time, service or skills through an...
- Wendy lends a HELPING HAND. Hayne, Julie // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);9/1/2008, Vol. 60 Issue 35, p94
The article profiles Wendy Johnston, a Bundaberg-based mother of 10-year-old Abigail and 12-year-old Brodie. The author stated that Wendy has won $1000 in Woman's Day's popular WordFind competition, after which the magazine learned that she gives a lot of her time to help the community. In...
- The Promise of a Port Call. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Sep2009, Vol. 135 Issue 9, p83
The article presents author's views on an article about holding volunteer activities for sailors in the U.S. Navy in the July 2009 issue. The author says that often leaders put pressure on subordinates to take up volunteer activities to show their team is better than others. The author says that...
- mission impossible. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Sep2003, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p63
Presents several volunteer work destinations from around the world. Coral reef conservation and monitoring by Greenforce in Andros Island, Bahamas; Archaeological excavations by Canterbury Archaeological Trust in Great Britain; Tall-ship maintenance by the Jubilee Sailing Trust.
- Sailing Solo. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;4/11/2003, Vol. 65 Issue 22, p6
Focuses on the Around Alone sailing race that started on September 15, 2002 in New York City. Statement from the contestants about their experiences; Details of the route of the sailing competition.
- Sharpening the Edge. Belson, Matthew J. // WE Magazine;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p82
Provides information on the Americas Regatta sailing competition held from November 6 to 8, 1998 in Saint Petersburg, Florida. Host of the event; Number of disabled sailors that participated in the event; Highlights of the competition.
- Prairie Sailors. // Boys' Life;Jul2000, Vol. 90 Issue 7, p16
Deals with sailing experiences at the Zink Aquatic Sports Center in Oklahoma.
- RC 44 Cup Brings Crowds to San Diego Waterfront. // Log Newspaper;3/4/2011, Issue 889, p13
The article reports on the world-class sailing event, RC44 Cup, which will be hosted by San Diego, California through March 6, 2011.