Time to Tell the Untold Story of Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Ends and Means. Speckhardt, Roy // Humanist;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p44
Discusses the considerations in using unethical means to accomplish critical ends. Consequences of the U.S. invasion of Iraq for the purpose of spreading democracy in a neoconservative agenda; Potential results of using unethical means; Impact of unethical actions on the character of those who...
- Sing, Shout and Resist: The World Says No to War. Sitrin, Marina; Scott, Mac // Guild Notes;Spring2003, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the restrictions on the New York City people to express resistance to the US-led war on Iraq. Delay in the march and rally permit negotiations; Reason of the city in refusing people's right to march; Arrest of protesters in the rally site.
- What's Growing On in THE SPIRIT. // American Nurseryman;1/1/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 1, p14
The article focuses on donations made by Oregon Christmas tree growers on the occasion of Christmas for families of those who suffered in the Iraq War. A dozen Oregon Christmas tree growers banded together in Christmas for families of the 1st Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division based at Fort Hood,...
- Just the Facts. // YES! Magazine;Spring2007, Issue 41, p35
The article presents a list of statistical facts related to human rights. Thirty-three billion dollars are spent for makeups and perfumes, while $24 billion are needed to cut world hunger in half. Three hundred-sixty billion dollars were spent on the Iraq War while it could have been used to...
- On Eighth Anniversary of Iraq War, SF Protesters Decry Bombing of Libya. Pasquini, Elaine // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;May/Jun2011, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p72
The article reports on the protest conducted by almost 2,000 human rights activists at the United Nations (UN) Plaza in San Francisco, California on March 19, 2011 to commemorate the eight anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq and denounce the military action against the regime of Libyan...
- Ego Under Fire. Ali, Sarmad // Psychology Today;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p21
This article presents the author's discussion on the psychology behind his younger brother's determination to stay in Baghdad, Iraq despite the constant danger of violence in the country. The author explains that he left Iraq several years ago to come to the U.S. for graduate school while his...
- Shields, 10 years on. Simanowitz, Stefan // New Internationalist;Mar2013, Issue 460, p10
The article discusses British peace advocates who have traveled to Iraq since 2003 to act as human shields to protect civilian infrastructure sites such as oil refineries and power plants from bombings by Western countries, and mentions activists such as Eric Levy, Tom Hurndall, and Godfrey Meynell.
- FIGHTING WORDS. Wockner, Rex // Just Out;4/18/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p28
Presents several perceptions regarding the Iraq War. Role of the Human Rights Campaign; Concern over domestic actions taken by President George W. Bush in relation to the war; Citation of the ideals in waging war against Iraq.
- THE PLAIN DEALER. // Hill;9/5/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 100, p26
The article presents the views of several readers on issues related to politics in the U.S. Some suggest that after a long period of vacation, August recess, lawmakers will face a heavy workload in coming back to work. Included in the list for legislators to work on are Iraq issues, to draw...