Cold storage safety
- Elevating the College Dining Experience Using Half the Space. // Food Management;Aug2012, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p32
The article announces that the foodservice program, Food on Demand, of Sodexo Inc. has received the Best Concept Award from the journal for management.
- How to Be a Good Covered-Dish Neighbor. // Guideposts;Sep2011, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p80
The article presents suggestions on how to offer a good cover dish to one's neighbor.
- To Keep Food Safe, Serve It Safe. Hernandez, Jorge // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug2001, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p80
Presents guidelines on food safety education in the United States. Proper food holding guidelines for hot and cold foods; Food safety practices; Guidelines for servers; Guidelines for kitchen staff.
- Food Safety: Develop Your Bragging Rights. Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Aug2000, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p56
Gives advice on how a food service operator can convey his food safety commitment to customers. Certification of the foodservice operators in Maryland; Investment in training programs for the employees; Integration of a food safety philosophy in the marketing campaign of Legal Sea Foods. ...
- THE FINER POINTS OF: Food receiving, storing. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p156
Focuses on safe receiving and storage of food in the food service industry. Importance of temperature in ensuring the freshness of food; Problems with peak period deliveries; Inventory control through the first-in, first out basis.
- POP QUIZ WITH PROFESSORS HALE AND HEARTY. // Jack & Jill;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p18
A quiz concerning food safety is presented.
- PART OF MARKETING EFFORTS: COMMUNICATING SAFETY. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p129
Highlights the importance of sharing food safety and sanitation standards and procedures to food services staff. Reason for the inclusion of food safety in marketing programs; Use of representative logs in food safety inspections; Importance of cleanliness to food presentation.
- Sodexho forms student board, debuts campus program at U.S. college accounts. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;9/5/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 36, p26
Reports on the formation of a student board of directors at the Campus Services Division of food service operator Sodexho USA in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Number of students in the board; Features of the Customenu; Understanding of customers' needs, tastes and preferences.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/5/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 36, p28
Reports developments on the food service sector in the U.S. Inclusion of Sodexho USA in "Black Professional" magazine's list of top companies for African Americans; Award received by the company; Availability of the Certified Specialist of Wine study guide in the Web site of the Society of Wine...