Handheld bar-code readers
- Shorten wait lines. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/27/99, Vol. 33 Issue 39, Equipment insights p46
Explains the benefits to traditional cafeteria and food court operations of installing a Customer Activated Terminal (CAT) for guests to use prior to entering the serving area. Reduction of congestion and long lines at pick-up counters; Remote order entry and bar coding.
- Robots Manage Logistics For Entire Packaging Plant. Schut, Jan H. // Plastics Technology;Dec2008, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p72
The article reports that Danish thermoformer of food trays, Faerch Plast A/S, took all human errors out of storing and handling of thermoformed food trays and replaced them with robots technology. It reveals that its roll storage is automated and barcoded. It also reports that Faerch will soon...
- Product showcase. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/27/95, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p115
Features several foodservice-related products. Includes `How to Sell More Beer' video; Farmland foodservice's Pre-Cooked Bacon; Campbell Foodservice's new premium-quality Creamy Garden Vegetable Soup.
- How to avoid failures with critical equipment in the kitchen. Frable Jr., Foster // Nation's Restaurant News;11/11/96, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p24
Presents guidelines in avoiding foodservice equipment failures. Consultation with engineering departments; Indication of reliability; Factors to look for in equipment; Requests for Mean Time Between Failure index.
- Products. // Restaurant Business;6/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p114
Presents various food service equipment and supplies available in the United States as of June 10, 1996. Includes Tyson Mexican tortillas; Pace Enchilada sauce; Spring rools; Cocktail. INSET: Fiesta fusion..
- Red hot chile peppers. // Restaurant Business;10/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 15, p178
Presents various products of interests to the restaurant operators. Includes chile products; Lawry's Tropical Honey Lime Sauce; Dairy Management Inc. cheese recipes; Sara Lee home-style cakes. INSET: Van Den Bergh Pennant Puff Pastry recipe contest..
- Equipment. // Restaurant Business;10/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 15, p195
Features various products and equipment of interest to food service industry. Includes Elite Series Ranges from Imperial; Durand Arcodoc tableware; Keating Custom Line Up cooking station; Rankin-Delux Oriental Flex System; Reynolds Cut-Rite wax paper bags and rolls.
- Equipment. // Restaurant Business;07/01/98, Vol. 97 Issue 13, p87
Presents various food production equipment. Includes Spir-it/Oak Hill sea-sheller; Hubert Olive display cart; IPN Sauceprof dispensing system; Service ideas syrup dispenser; Cambro bud vase.
- Equipment. // Restaurant Business;09/01/98, Vol. 97 Issue 17, p107
Describes several equipment used in the food service industry. Includes Cambro Laguna tumblers; 3M food service intercommunication products; Manitowoc and Servend ice and beverage dispenser; Taylor frozen carbonated beverage freezer; Wilbur Curtis brewing system; Ice-O-Matic ice machines.