Ethnic varieties heat up
- A 'souper' comfort food. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p62
Reports on the popularity of soups in the menu of schools across the U.S. Variety of soups offered at the Newtown Public Schools; Influence of weather on soup demand at the Lynn Public Schools; Range of ingredients used in the soup offering of Fairport Central Schools.
- SOUP it up! // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p55
Reports on the popularity of soup among meal producers and consumers in the U.S. Variety of soup offered at Fairport Central School in New York; Favorite soup of students; Comments from Steve Myers, executive chef at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
- MEALTIME COMBOS. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p75
Reports the availability of soups and sandwich meals in schools in the United States. Importance of freshness in school sandwich programs; Move of the University of South California in Los Angeles to install Bistro Soups bar in the school; Reasons for the popularity of soups and sandwiches in...
- Today's top five duos. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p78
Deals with several popular soups and sandwiches in schools in the United States. Daily favorite sandwiches and soups in secondary schools in Chicopee, Massachusetts; Popular soups and sandwiches in elementary schools; Creation of sandwiches by schools in Anchorage, Arkansas.
- Simply Soup. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p46
This article focuses on the signature soups being offered by several school- and hospital-foodservices in the U.S. According to Tom Driscoll, director of food services at the University of Oregon in Eugene, their version is on the menu daily at the Dux Bistro, where there is also a second...
- Staples of the student diet. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p76
Focuses on the popularity of soups and sandwiches among students in the United States. Information on the sandwiches provided at the Ferris Booth Commons cafeteria in Columbia University, New York; Popularity of wrap sandwiches at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island;...
- Hot and Hearty. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p50
The article stresses the increasing demand for easy-to-make soups in the U.S. that still address health concerns. Soup continues to be a meal of multiple forms for most of the non-commercial foodservice operators because it is perfect for lunch and good for portable snack. Tom Searls of the...
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.
- MacDonald's take over high school cafeteria. // Curriculum Review;Apr92, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p21
States that the local MacDonald's franchise owner take the cafeteria in Fairview High School in Boulder, Colorado after it was close by the school. Menu serve by the cafeteria; Why the cafeteria was closed; Students that are employed in the cafeteria.