More scratch varieties
- Year-round demand. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p56
Reports on the year-round demand for soups from students of universities and colleges in the U.S. Type of soups offered at Vanderbilt University; Favorite soups at Ashland University; Average daily soup consumption of students at Phillips Exeter Academy.
- IN CHICAGO HOSPITAL: BRANDED SOUP DEBUTS. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p1
Reports that the University Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, has converted its from-scratch soup service to Lipton Soupworks. Reason for switching to Lipton's product in the cafeteria; Food price increase; Variety of soup offered in the cafeteria.
- Soups & stews. Lamalle, Cecile // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar95, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p80
Focuses on soups and stews. Restaurants serving soups and stews; Southwestern cuisine; Vegetable stews and soups; Ingredients.
- Healthy cooking. Shulman, Martha Rose // Health (Time Inc. Health);Jan/Feb99, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p117
Presents soup and stew recipes for winter. Thick Carrot Soup With Fresh Mint; Turkey Chili; Hearty Vegetable Soup.
- Delicious double-up dinners. Worthington, Diane Rossen // Working Mother;Oct95, p118
Features dinner recipes on soups and stews. Big-Batch Lentil Soup; BBQ Baked Beef Ribs; Braised Chicken and Sausage with Tomatoes; Autumn Chicken `n' Dumplings; Dill Cornmeal Dumplings; Veal Stew with Oranges, Carrots and Mushrooms; Beef Ragout with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Winter Squash.
- Soups of substance. Wells, Grace // Health (Time Inc. Health);Oct94, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p106
Presents soup and stew recipes. Vegetable bisque; Lamb-and-lentil soup; Oven chicken stew; Shrimp-and-fish chowder; Pork-and-sweet-potato stew. INSET: Jimmy Schmidt..
- Bowl-O-Rama. // Bon Appetit;Feb2014, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p22
An image of the Bowl-O-Rama, which is a soupy and steaming-hot stew that deserves a cool dishware, is presented.
- Soups, stews comeback. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p133
Focuses on a report from the 1997 Center-of-Plate Survey, on the increased popularity of soups and stews. Comments from Sally Luck, food service manager at Hallmark Cards; Tips which can promote casseroles and stews; Contents of the survey.
- Chasing the chill away. // Better Homes & Gardens;Mar1998, Vol. 76 Issue 3, pB26
Presents recipes for the creation of soups and stews. Details on ingredients required for the preparation of Squash-Potato Chowder and Chili Blanc; Description of cooking methodology.