Beans make the grade
- Side Dishes. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/5/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p20
Presents news concerning restaurants as of July 5, 2004. Television broadcast of Coney Island's annual hotdog eating contest; Opening of the Beanz Meanz Heinz restaurant dedicated to baked beans in Melbourne, Victoria; Specialties of the A Salt and Battery restaurant in New York.
- Consuming Passions. // New York;11/28/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 42, p114
The article features several food products including "Beans from Republic of Beans," by Beppe and Maremma's Cesare Casella, "Benedetto Cavalieri Pasta", "Il Buco's Salt Trilogy", "Gianfranco Becchina Olio Verde", and "Palacios Chorizo."
- Hospital Food. Lanou, Amy Joy // Good Medicine;Autumn2005, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Presents the results of a survey about the foods served by hospitals in their cafeterias and restaurants conducted by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and ADinfinitum Inc. in the U.S. Percentage of hospitals that offer fresh fruit; Failure of hospitals to offer bean dishes...
- Bush's Best Vegetarian Baked Beans. // Restaurant Business;12/15/2004, Vol. 103 Issue 18, p57
This article reports that Bush's Foodservice, suppliers of America's 1 preferred brand, offers operators Vegetarian Baked Beans � particularly in-tune with today's consumer demand for healthful, nutritious foods that also taste good. Bush makes available a free packet of" Meatless Recipes"�...
- Beans are Big Again. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;1/1/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p43
The article focuses on the resurgence of beans in non-commercial menus in the U.S. in 2010. Among the types of beans used at Indiana University in Bloomington according to executive chef Marcia Corbin are black beans, kidney beans and garbanzo beans. The popular dish at Ronald Reagan Medical...
- INGREDIENTS / RECIPES. // FoodService Director;1/1/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p44
Recipes for beans from non-commercial foodservice units are presented including Marc N Arlo Bean Burger from Villanova University in Pennsylvania, turkey black bean cobbler from Washington State University in Pullman, and white bean spread from the University of Kansas in Lawrence.
- Versatile chili�TYSON. Sheehan, Patricia // Food Management;Jan2003, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p74
Tyson Chili with Beans is a mildly spicy chili with tender ground beef and firm pinto beans. Food service operators can add it to hot dogs for coneys or add a Cajun kick by blending it with rice, peppers, tomatoes, onions, diced chicken, sausage and light Cajun seasonings.
- PREVIEWS & REVIEWS: Central Phoenix. Orovan, Bill // Echo Magazine;1/12/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p57
The article reviews the Alice Cooper'stown restaurant in Phoenix, Arizona. It describes the decor of the restaurant. It comments on the dishes being offered by the restaurant, including pork ribs, barbecued chicken and baked beans.
- Bountiful bean salads. Aaron, D.; Wing, L. // Country Living;Apr90, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p130
Presents a brief historical overview of cooking with dried beans, peas and lentils. Recipes included. INSET: Basic dried bean cookery.;Sprouting beans and seeds..