Diet's impact on arthritis
- All Horses Need Antioxidants. Getty, Juliet M. // Horse Journal;May2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p1
The article discusses the significant role of antioxidants to the nutrition of horses. It provides an overview on how antioxidants work in the body of horses. It notes that most supplements contain at least one antioxidant but may fall short of meeting the requirements of horses needing...
- on your mind. // Consumer Reports on Health;Aug2000, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p12
Answers questions related to health nutrition. Information on the nutrients needed in the body to replenish energy for unbalanced diet; Details on the study on nutritional food aggravates for arthritis; Physiological effects of aging regarding vitamin B12.
- The facts about joint supplements. // Consumer Reports;Oct2013, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p12
The article evaluates quality and label accuracy of dietary supplements containing glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate claiming to promote joint health and relieve arthritis, including Signature Clinical Strength by Kirkland, Spring Valley Triple Strength, and 365 Everyday Value Extra Strength. ...
- Give Gout the Boot. McCord, Holly; McVeigh, Gloria // Prevention;Apr2002, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p64
Advises that men over 40 consumer more calcium if they have a family history of gout.
- Nutrition/arthritis link: So near and yet so far. Volain, Naomi // Environmental Nutrition;Sep93, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p2
Discusses the role of diet in developing or preventing arthritis. Lowered risk for developing osteoarthritis in the knee through weight loss; Reduction of arthritis symptoms through fish oil supplement intake; Relief from pain for vegetarians; Harm from eating alfalfa and zinc-rich food.
- Nutrients against arthritis. // Optimum Wellness;Winter97, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the value of nutritional supplements to ameliorate or halt arthritis. Niacinamide and vitamin D as nutritional supplements; Reported improvements through the supplements.
- Doctors' forum. // Health News & Review;1994, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p8
Presents some of the doctors of nutritional medicine who described the ways in which they ameliorate joint pain or arthritis. Includes Dr. Melvyn R. Werbach; Dr. Majid Ali who practices preventive medicine in Denville, N.J.; Dr. Julian M. Whitaker who practices at the Whitaker Wellness...
- Nutritional Elements: Could they Play a Role in the Treatment of Arthritis? Masuko, Kayo // Current Rheumatology Reviews;2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p212
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor cites the topics tackles in the articles published within the issue, discusses the clinical significance of nutritional interventions and warns rheumatologists, medical professionals and patients to be aware of the overall impact of...
- Snap, crackle, pop. Manning, Elizabeth // Overdrive;Jul2013, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p37
The article offers health suggestions for arthritis patients on controlling the disease which include regular physical activity, proper diet that contains vegetables, cereals and fruit, and eating fermented foods like yogurt.