Nov. index up 4.09%
- Nestle's Marra offers a warning and a challenge. Friedman, Michael // Frozen Food Age;Aug96, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on Nestle Frozen Food Co. executive vice president Ed Marra's discussion of how frozen foods can compete effectively with restaurants and other segments of the food service industry, during the 1996 meeting of the Southeastern Association of Frozen Food Councils. Advertising spending of...
- 2002 Outlook: Frozen Victory? Wellman, David // Frozen Food Age;Dec2001, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p1
Discusses the findings of studies about the state of the food service industry in the United States in 2002. Factors which contributed to the slow down of the industry; Increase in the purchasing of in-home meals such as frozen foods; Forecast on the decline in takeout dining; Challenges faced...
- New York-based meal delivery firm picks SLC for distribution center. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/5/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p3
Reports that New York-based frozen meal delivery firm Home Bistro Inc. will establish a distribution center in Salt Lake City, Utah in October 2005. Reason for choosing Salt Lake City as the firm's second distribution center site; Methods used by the firm in delivering its meals to customers;...
- Frozen foods dealer to build facility in Payson. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/9/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the plans of the frozen food company Schwan's to build an office/warehouse/distribution facility in Salt Lake City, Utah as of December 9, 2002. Size of the facility; Information on the products of Schwan's; Number of employees for the facility.
- Too many cooks; Pentagon turns to frozen foods. // Frozen Food Age;Aug97, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p73
Reports that the US Department of Defense has called the frozen food industry for help in accelerating a projected swing to frozen convenience systems for feeding of military personnel. Annual amount spent by the Defense Department for food service; Amount spent for labor and facilities.
- You Forced Us to Go to ARPs. Vendor, Vinnie // Refrigerated & Frozen Foods Retailer;Jun2007, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p14
The article deals with the adjustable rate policy (ARP) to be implemented by refrigerated and frozen foods (RFF) manufacturers in the U.S. It states that RFF manufacturers are converting to ARP on their unsaleables due to the unsaleables deductions they get from RFF retailers. It cites the plan...
- Deli By Perdue. // Frozen Food Age;Jul2005, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p24
Evaluates several refrigerated food products from Perdue. Deli Pick-Ups sliced deli meat varieties; Deli Lite breaded chicken lines; Oven Stuffer Roaster products.
- Cheesy Nuggets. // Frozen Food Age;Jul2005, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p24
Evaluates the Breaded Mozzarella Nuggets from Giorgio Foods.
- Frozens: Still Better For You? Pellegrini, Megan // CM&P: Contract Manufacturing & Packaging;May2008, p14
The article discusses the effort of the U.S. frozen food segment to provide reasonably-priced health conscious and convenient products in 2008. The entry notes that despite the increase in the prices of commodities, more consumers still chose to buy premium frozen processed food. It also cites...