Orange crop set for 21% drop vs. last year
- Cotton and orange crops gain in year. // Western Farm Press;2/5/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p24
Highlights the crop production forecast for January 2005 by the California Department of Food and Agriculture's Agricultural Statistics Service. Outlook for cotton and oranges production; Market conditions for the lemon, tangerine and grapefruit crops.
- USDA: Citrus Crops Recovering. // SN: Supermarket News;12/10/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 50, p31
This article reports on a forecast for production of citrus fruits in the U.S. during the 2007-2008 season. The Department of Agriculture projected an increase in the volume of citrus fruits that will be produced. The agency believed the industry, especially the orange market, will recover after...
- NASS: California Navel orange estimate is 81M cartons. Fitchette, Todd // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;9/15/2014, p1
The article reports that the California Navel orange production for the 2014-2015 season is projected to reach 81 million cartons on 126,000 acres, according to estimate by the U.S. National Agricultural Service. The basis of the production forecast is the 2014-2015 Navel Orange Objective...
- INTRODUCING BLACK SEEDLESS TABLE GRAPES. // Organic Gardening (08973792);Apr89, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the availability of a high-quality black seedless table grape for nursery propagation in the U.S. Results of a long search by the grape industry, and the best of varieties studied by a breeding and genetics team lead by David Ramming of the U.S. Department of Agriculture research lab...
- Mexico adds entry points for grapes. // Traffic World;8/15/94, Vol. 239 Issue 7, p34
Reports on the approval of Manzanillo and Subteniente Lopez in Mexico as the first two all-water ports of entry for the American grape market. Approval of land border entry points for the American grape market by Mexican officials.
- Orange Crush. Fabey, Michael // Latin Trade (English);Sep2000, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p33
Reports that citrus companies based in Brazil are dominating the Florida orange juice market. Competition in the orange juice market in Florida; Investments of Brazilian companies in Florida; Effects of orange tree disease on orange growers in Florida.
- Valencia orange crop production drops. Harvey, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/25/2004, Issue 323261, p3
Reports on the decline in orange crop production in Valencia, California. Price increases; Reasons for the decline in production; Business strategies by orange growers; Comparison with the production of other fruit crops; Labor and wage issues.
- New orange taste is sweeter, better. CURLEE, DON // California Farmer;Jan2013, Vol. 296 Issue 1, p13
The author discusses the "California Standard," a measure for predicting the flavor of navel oranges as per the consumer requirement, and highlights that the use of ripeness indicators has helped California's citrus industry to retain the sweeter taste of oranges.
- Despite threats, profitable year abounds. Harvey, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/20/2013, Issue 324746, p4
The article discusses the productive and profitable year for the nut, grape and orange industries in the U.S. in 2013 despite of the threats they faced.