Pay-gap is wider; 1-in-5 to leave field
- How we straightened out the meal service using CQI. Momyer, Robert K. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Mar94, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the experiences of the Manchester House Nursing and Convalescent Center in Media, Pennsylvania when it applied the continuous quality improvement (CQI) program to its food service. Description of the process; notable improvement in the food service department of the center; Use of...
- Food service as a marketing tool. Shea, Chuck // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p30
Focuses on quality food service's effect on a nursing homes image. Consideration for prospective residents; Quality of life issues; Nursing home selection process; Techniques to market a nursing home.
- AT MARRIOTT SR. COMMUNITY.: Room delivery adds $100K. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the hotel-style room service food offered to the independent living residents in Stamford, Connecticut.
- TO IMPROVE DINING EXPERIENCE: HEBREW HOME SERVING FAMILY. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the food service of Hebrew Home of Greater Washington in Rockville, Maryland. Restaurant foods offered at the nursing home; Schedule and rules in holding the restaurant nights.
- At MN nursing home: Self-serve coffee lounge triples guest meal-biz. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the increase in guest meal preparations at the Fairview Seminary Memorial Home in Red Wing, Minnesota after the conversion of a solarium into a self-serve coffee shop lounge. Popularity of the lounge among guests.
- Viewpoint: A resident's view. Vallancourt, Arlene // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p48
Opinion. Comments on the importance of food service operators to nursing home residents. Need for the food service departments to reconsider its attitudinal approach to the residents; Need to pay attention to residents' diet cards; Elements forming the basis for the interaction of residents...
- New software cuts costs. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the implementation of a software menu program by Bon Secours Maria Manor nursing home in St. Petersburg, Florida, which will cut costs of food. Comments from Doris Welch, director of dietary services for the facility; Addition of Family Night Dinners at the nursing home.
- WA nursing home mixes nourishments. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p8
Informs about the decision of Tacoma Lutheran Home, a Washington nursing home, to shift from pre-made portion-controlled beverage nourishments to making its own mixes. Decline in average meal cost; Greater acceptance.
- This is the nursing home life. Humble, Loretta // Malakoff News (TX);5/9/2014, Vol. 105 Issue 19, p5
The article offers the author's insights regarding services offered at the Cedar Lake Home Health and Hospice nursing home located in Malakoff, Texas.